Introduce yourself! What do you write?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
How did I not notice this thread?!

Okay, so I'm eclectic pagan & I write mostly fantasy, much of which contains Pagan concepts, some sci-fi, often with Pagan concepts, and some overtly Pagan poetry.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
:pokes head in, looks around:

Gosh... I haven't been to this quiet little corner in... well... forever.

I write historical fiction which seems to always contain some connection to religion, usually the darker side. I haven't written anything that could remotely be described as Pagan, but I did have this witch who helped disrupt the Catholic church in England a long, long time ago...

StarryEyes

Registered
Reaction score
:pokes head in, looks around:

Gosh... I haven't been to this quiet little corner in... well... forever.

I write historical fiction which seems to always contain some connection to religion, usually the darker side. I haven't written anything that could remotely be described as Pagan, but I did have this witch who helped disrupt the Catholic church in England a long, long time ago...

Hi! Nice to meet you :)

I haven't posted a little introduction in here either, so here goes. I've been attracted to Wicca since I was ten years old but only dedicated myself to it last year... And it's going to be my first year and a day on Yule, isn't that exciting?! :D I mainly write fantasy with a lot of Pagan influence, as well as historical fiction and poetry (sometimes Pagan, sometimes not).

I like this little part of the community! :)

Last edited:

ECathers

Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionrhod.com
Woot! Been a regular here for about a week or more and only just found the Pagan forum. Not sure how I managed to miss it.

I'm a founding HPss of the Unfolding Path of Wicca/Wysardn aka the Path of the Dragon's Crystal Unfolding. Gods! That name still sounds so New-Agey! However it's based on language principles that are hardly that. It's a mesh of Celtic/Welsh Celtic Traditional Wicca and a survival of Druidry and the court mages of Europe. Our path is rather scholarly and Apollonian in flavor, though we make plenty of time for both fun and reverence.

Almost 50 now, I've been a student of magick since the age of 9 or so.

I write metaphysical non-fiction. I'm also nearly finished with Dark Moon Gates, a YA fantasy featuring a Wiccan protagonist. I also have a few "regular" fantasy novels in the works.

I work as a professional psychic and teacher of metaphysics.

When I'm not slaving over the keyboard or teaching students, I work on various crafts (from spinning/weaving to glass painting) gardening, yak ranching (for milk, cheese and wool) and herbalism. My dream is to create a large-breed and older-animal dog rescue.

I'm the proud mommy of 3 adorable/impossible pit bulls and 2 spoiled cats.

Last edited:

ECathers

Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionrhod.com
Sheila, I agree that a "Pagan fiction" genre would rock! It would be nice to see characters applying their Pagan spiritual ethics (be they Wiccan, Druid, Witch, Shaman, Asatru, etc.) to their dilemmas. I don't mind the "Charmed" and "The Craft"-type stories. They're pure entertainment, but definitely *not* Pagan. It would be great to see more fiction specifically written by and for Pagans.

Thanks CelestialWolf! Fingers are crossed. ;)

Totally agree here. I'd like to be able to go to Amazon.com and look up "pagan fiction." That was pretty much my intent when I wrote DMG. YA coming of age novel about a Wiccan MC. Oh and of course there's the dark Sidhe trying to kill off her brother. Gotta hate when that happens.

Interesting idea about the moral dilemmas. In mine it's "save your brother's life (and go blind)" or save the Unicorns (and all of Faery) from being turned into rides of the theme-park variety.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Woot! Been a regular here for about a week or more and only just found the Pagan forum. Not sure how I managed to miss it.

I'm a founding HPss of the Unfolding Path of Wicca/Wysardn aka the Path of the Dragon's Crystal Unfolding. Gods! That name still sounds so New-Agey! However it's based on language principles that are hardly that. It's a mesh of Celtic/Welsh Celtic Traditional Wicca and a survival of Druidry and the court mages of Europe. Our path is rather scholarly and Apollonian in flavor, though we make plenty of time for both fun and reverence.

Almost 50 now, I've been a student of magick since the age of 9 or so.

I write metaphysical non-fiction. I'm also nearly finished with Dark Moon Gates, a YA fantasy featuring a Wiccan protagonist. I also have a few "regular" fantasy novels in the works.

I work as a professional psychic and teacher of metaphysics.

When I'm not slaving over the keyboard or teaching students, I work on various crafts (from spinning/weaving to glass painting) gardening, yak ranching (for milk, cheese and wool) and herbalism. My dream is to create a large-breed and older-animal dog rescue.

I'm the proud mommy of 3 adorable/impossible pit bulls and 2 spoiled cats.
I'm so glad you found our little corner of the forum! Welcome and Merry Meet!!!!

Yaks? I go straight to Monty Python when I hear about yaks ;)

Your life sounds wonderful and fulfilling, and I look forward to getting to know you!
Cheers!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome

ECathers

Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionrhod.com
I'm so glad you found our little corner of the forum! Welcome and Merry Meet!!!!

Yaks? I go straight to Monty Python when I hear about yaks ;)

Your life sounds wonderful and fulfilling, and I look forward to getting to know you!
Cheers!

Yeah, YAKS, swear to gods!

A few years ago we decided to move out to CO and start a ranch.

We bought a few yaks. They're gorgeous critters. Started out with me wanting milk/cheese critters. Then hubby upped it to "wool too!" Because of our cold climate and high elevation yaks were all the better.

Well they CAN be ornery critters. The matriarch of the herd hated everyone (treated crappy by former owners) but eventually started to like us. Or at least accept us. As we started to work with them they started to adjust to us.

Last July our first baby was born. Within 10 minutes of birth she toddled to her feet then came over to me and started licking me.

Sadly we were forced to move back to FL because of hubby's mom getting Alzheimers.

We sold the yaks but are still in hope that we can buy our girls back as soon as we go back home.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I continue to be amazed at the number of us who were called to the pagan side in childhood... I was in the fourth or fifth grade when I started wondering what happened to all the old gods when this new god took over in the Bible. My parents weren't churchgoers, but neither of them knew the first thing about paganism or mythology or anything remotely related to such. Don't have a clue how I became interested in the first place.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Dad was a church goer and my parents sent me to Catholic school and I was the proverbial square peg in the round hole. I knew I didn't believe no matter how hard I tried. I wanted to use herbs, stones and spells and knew I was a witch. I used to go to my Aunt's house on weekends and she had a Tarot deck I was obsessed with, used to spend the entire weekend carrying it around. I was no more than 10 or 11 when one night I took the deck laid it out and told the entire story of the cards.

It wasn't until i became an adult I truly began to study the Craft.

ECathers

Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionrhod.com
I was raised by atheists and agnostics. Grandma on one side was (probably) a Catholic Charismatic who taught me many points of herbalism as a child. Great Grandma on the other side was a Spiritualist medium.

So I was pretty much left to my own devices as far as religion went. Gardening and environmental issues, as well as political activism were also stressed in our family. I spent most of library time in the folklore and fairy tale sections. When I was 10 or so my aunt had a Tarot deck and pretended to do a reading for me. I was fascinated and begged Mom for my own deck for a year or so before she got me one. When I was 12 I saved up my allowance and bought a spell book by the <shudder> Frosts. Would you believe they didn't bother to explain about raising energy?

When I was 15, Mom's best friend (born Jewish, converted to Quaker and now a minister) gifted me with a copy of Spiral Dance, which is when I realized that I actually was a witch. Didn't find my first coven till I was about 30, but studied real hard till then. (LOL and since.)

Moonpetal

metalsmith and shaman
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this place! I'm Pagan trained in shamanism. I totally weave my spirituality in my work (right now I'm writing mythic fantasy). The Goddess, especially, as a foundation for my worlds. I'm hugely influenced by Celtic folklore.

Bespectacled Nerd

Mutant And Proud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bespectaclednerd.blogspot.com
*peeks in shyly around the corner*

Hi. I'm Specs. I'm a pagan who's hesitant to use the term "eclectic" because of the negative connotations it's accumulated over the years, but can't think of a better word to use at the moment. I'm primarily Lokean/Rökkatru, but I also incorporate elements of Hellenic and Kemetic paganism into my path. I'm also studying Romuva. I was raised in a pagan family.

I write mainly fantasy, sci-fi (and science fantasy, 'cause why not?), and YA. I incorporate a lot of pagan elements and themes into my writing. One of my many current WIPs is a YA novel about three teens who are rejected by the "mainstream" Norse pagan community.

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I'm so glad I found this place! I'm Pagan trained in shamanism. I totally weave my spirituality in my work (right now I'm writing mythic fantasy). The Goddess, especially, as a foundation for my worlds. I'm hugely influenced by Celtic folklore.

Hello!!!! Welcome!

*peeks in shyly around the corner*

Hi. I'm Specs. I'm a pagan who's hesitant to use the term "eclectic" because of the negative connotations it's accumulated over the years, but can't think of a better word to use at the moment. I'm primarily Lokean/Rökkatru, but I also incorporate elements of Hellenic and Kemetic paganism into my path. I'm also studying Romuva. I was raised in a pagan family.

I write mainly fantasy, sci-fi (and science fantasy, 'cause why not?), and YA. I incorporate a lot of pagan elements and themes into my writing. One of my many current WIPs is a YA novel about three teens who are rejected by the "mainstream" Norse pagan community.

Merry Meet!

I'm glad you both found our little corner of the forum!

WormHeart

Dual class author / nightguard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fromthefrozennorth.com
Greetings all.

I'm a Danish Asatruar and have been involved in the Danish movement since 1998.

I'm a strict "purist", but lots of the other Asatruars around here incorporate other gods into the pantheon. And by "lots" I mean "some" ;)

I wrote a school-book on Modern Asatru in 2007, but otherwise keeps my writing and faith very separate.

Moderne_Asetro_lille.jpg

I have 8 novels published and none of them has any pagan elements, although I am considering changing that principle.

WormHeart

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to our little forum :)

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a journalist. I don't write fiction because the real world is weird enough. But, I have a food/gardening column with a local publication and I can write about almost anything except sports. I used to edit the Llewellyn New Times and have done some Pagan reporting.

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I'm a journalist. I don't write fiction because the real world is weird enough. But, I have a food/gardening column with a local publication and I can write about almost anything except sports. I used to edit the Llewellyn New Times and have done some Pagan reporting.
Welcome!!!!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

:hi:

Kalisara

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm eclectic Pagan with Hindu and Heathen leanings (don't think about that too much ;) ). I write essays, children's books, sci-fi/fantasy, and short stories. A lot of my writing gets a Pagan hint/tint/taint.

Currently, I have a few articles floating around, an essay in Paganism 101, I have a toddler book under contract to publish in 2014 (The Children's ABC Book of Goddesses), I'm currently in submissions for my Pagan cookbook with some interest from one publisher, and I'm working on a non-fiction called The Goddess of Ick.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Kalisara. :)

Lisagh

Registered
Reaction score
Merry Meet!

I'm a pagan myself, leaning towards an earthy, homegrown practice. I would be what you might call an Earth Witch. =D

I write some pagan themes into my stuff, and currently have a romance with pagan undertones. I recently accepted a beta for a memoir, and beta read the whole thing. It had heavy doses of Christian stuff in it, but I didn't really care. I wasn't uncomfortable with hers. I enjoyed the memoir a lot. She asked if she could help me out, and of course I jumped at a beta for my work. Unfortunately, she got uncomfortable with the pagan content and witchcraft in it. There wasn't very much. My romance is NOT a paranormal one. She was such a great beta too, and gave great advice where it didn't concern my pagan content.

Anyhoo, when I noticed this place had a pagan off-shoot, I was ecstatic! I am beta-ing for two others at the moment, but am willing to beta more. One story I beta-ed for is not on Amazon as an e-book.

So I am looking for more like-minded friends here, and ones who are not uncomfortable with things I consider everyday life. Hopefully I find them.

Winter Solstice Blessings, One and All~

Last edited: