• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Intrigue Press

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They were acquired in 2005 by Big Earth Publishing, which also bought out Bleak House and Johnson Books.

If you can find their books on store shelves, they're worth considering.

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
I queried them a few years ago with my book, Murder is Relative. They wrote back a very nice letter and said the book was too light in tone for their list, they were seeking more hard-boiled detective fiction. But if i had a ms that fit their guidelines I'd definitely submit again.

Bleak House Books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bleakhousebooks.com
Am I right in thinking that Big Earth, which bought out the other two, is now only a non-fiction publisher, and doesn't handle fiction at all?

Tri

Big Earth actually doesn't publish books. They are the parent company of Intrigue Press, Bleak House Books, Johnson Books, Trails Books, Westcliffe Publishers, and 3D Press.

Bleak House Books, Intrigue Press, and Johnson Books all publish fiction. Bleak House Books does the most, focusing on dark literary and crime fiction.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Mkay ... Intrigue was originally an imprint of Corvus, who sold it to Big Earth. Corvus then merged with Conundrum (in '17) to form Bower House, which acquired Big Earth's imprints after its bankruptcy (in '16).

Not finding any recent activity for Intrigue, but Johnson Books, et al., continue: https://www.bowerhousebooks.com/