• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Integrity Artists Management

tomelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.integrityartistsmanagement.com
Hey guys, I am a talent manager with Integrity Artists Management, I primarily work with actors and filmmakers. But I do work often with writers. If you have any questions I would love to help. I would like to be a valuable member of the community. And if I get a few good writers by doing so..that is great as well.

You can research Integrity Artists Management on the Imdb.

I look forward to helping!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to put your thread in Bewares, Recommendations, and Background checks. That's usually where new companies (and existing ones) are discussed. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Moved from Ask the Agent.

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
Tom, your website doesn't offer a lot in the way of information.

Can you give us an idea of how long you've been an agent?
What literary clients do you represent?
What have you sold recently?
What is your experience as a literary agent?

Thanks.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Not to cast any aspersions on this business in particular, but as a publisher my heart always sinks a bit if I discover that an author is repped by an agent who mostly deals in something other than book publishing. I've worked with sports agents and actors' agents and they've all been a pain in the neck. Do you have experience of negotiating publishing contracts? As that is usually the issue.

I take it you aren't these guys but these guys?

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Ah, I didn't see the thread had been moved from Ask the Agent, and I might have been misreading the intent of the post. Tomelle, if you meant to offer up expertise in film/TV etc. for writers here, and not really offer yourself up for literary agenting, then maybe clarify and ignore my comments below. :) But, if you are tossing your hat in the ring for potential literary agenting, then read on. ;)

Like Torgo, and also not pointing to you directly (as I don't know your experience), I worry a little at non-literary agents dabling in book deals, because they often don't have the experience to know the ins and outs of a literary contract, the standard and non-standard provisions, which publishers will negotiate what, etc. Plus they don't start with baseline contracts that have already been negotiated on prior deals and so start out better for the writer than the company's standard contract.

So, so that we may make sure you are not a dabler, it would help if you posted more about your experience with representing writers in literary contracts.

~suki

Last edited:

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I think this person introducing himself with the purpose of offering expertise for the "ask the agent" thread. I'm not sure I understand why the thread was moved to Bewares, except possibly for the fact that he mentioned he's interested in new writers. Would we have moved threads from other agents over if they offered to take questions?
Just want to be fair here.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
On another note, none of the links on the website work for me.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
On yet a third note, I can find no authors represented by Tom Townsend, Integrity Artists Management or IAM in Google searches or on Publishers Market Place. Maybe Mr. Townsend can fill us in.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think this person introducing himself with the purpose of offering expertise for the "ask the agent" thread. I'm not sure I understand why the thread was moved to Bewares, except possibly for the fact that he mentioned he's interested in new writers.

I think it is worth making sure the poster is an agent of standing before offering them a platform. This role is more often filled by invitation--although it has been a while now.

tomelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.integrityartistsmanagement.com
Thanks guys, I am not an Agent I am a manager. I work on all levels with my clients in regards to there careers. Yes, I do know publishers and have been successful at getting books published. But that is not my only job, I focus on there career as a whole.

An Agents job is too sell,sell,sell. I make sure my client is getting the best deal for the future and I work with the Agent to make sure my client is always working. Where as an Agent will have 100 clients..or more. I have 15 because I give them each special attention.

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say. Manager are usually willing to also work with new writers where Agents want writers who are already profitable.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Thanks guys, I am not an Agent I am a manager. I work on all levels with my clients in regards to there careers. Yes, I do know publishers and have been successful at getting books published. But that is not my only job, I focus on there career as a whole.

An Agents job is too sell,sell,sell. I make sure my client is getting the best deal for the future and I work with the Agent to make sure my client is always working. Where as an Agent will have 100 clients..or more. I have 15 because I give them each special attention.

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say. Manager are usually willing to also work with new writers where Agents want writers who are already profitable.

Who have you helped get published?

And it's "their", not "there".

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am not an Agent I am a manager. So, you have not made publishing deals for clients? I work on all levels with my clients in regards to there careers. Their publishing careers? What deals have you made for the publication of client's books? Yes, I do know publishers and have been successful at getting books published. Details please. But that is not my only job, I focus on there career as a whole.

An Agents job is too sell,sell,sell. I make sure my client is getting the best deal for the future and I work with the Agent to make sure my client is always working. Ah...so you work "with" the agent - so...do you charge a commission, or a fee, in addition to what the agent will charge to actually make the deal? Do you work with multiple agents, or do you work with specific agents? And how does that work - do you pitch client's manuscripts to literary agents? Where as an Agent will have 100 clients..or more. I have 15 because I give them each special attention. This is not exactly true - not all agents have 100 or more clients...

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. So, you are a doctor and therapist and a lawyer, too? Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say. Ok. ;) Manager are usually willing to also work with new writers where Agents want writers who are already profitable. This is a misrepresentation. Many, many good agents take on new clients all the time. :)

Forget the handholding, etc. and forget "helped" - What books have you made publishing deals for personally:

Title, author, and publisher, please, so it can be checked.

And please disclose what agents you work with, if it's a specific agent or agents - ie, you have an exclusive relationship.

~suki

Last edited:

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
You can research Integrity Artists Management on the Imdb.

Doing so only brings up a page that is not viewable unless one is a member of IMDb Pro.

That being the case, perhaps you'd be willing to list your clients etc. for us? Especially since under "Client Roster" your website only links to that same IMDb page.

ETA:

A Google search turns up a Facebook page for you (in addition to the information that there is another Integrity Artists Management in the UK, with quite a client roster. Hmm), which leads to images of two author clients. Mark Randle is published by--surprise!--Wheelman Press.

(The other is a writer/director. It appears his film was actually made, and it has a free Weebly website. Its IMDb page is here. It looks like a straight-to-video-type horror flick, but hey, there's definitely a market for those. I don't really know anything about movie production etc., so I'll leave that to anyone who does. I note also that at least one [I only checked two] of your acting clients has some acting credits, which again appear to be small indie projects but like I said, not my area.)

So you basically act as an acquisitions editor for WheelMan Press, and publish your talent agency clients with them? (Are you the T Townsend who reviewed Mark Randle's book on Amazon, btw? And plugged Mark Randle's books in reviews for other books on the afterlife?)

ETA II:

A more thorough look at your Amazon reviews shows you also plugging in reviews for other products a video called "Mahjongg for Beginners." It's produced by First Star Media. First Star Media's IMDb page shows it produced, among other things, a film called "The Killers in Connecticut," which is plugged on your Facebook page and which--surprise again!--just happens to be produced by AND star someone named Tom Townsend, who's also done some work as an uncredited extra/uncredited incidental character in some HBO and other network shows.

All of which is very interesting and all, but Tom, what we really want to know is...what is your connection to WheelMan Press? What is your experience in publishing? Isn't there a conflict of interest in you signing authors you represent to a publishing company in which you have a financial interest, and doesn't the same apply in you hiring actors etc. to work in productions in which you have a financial interest?

I'd also like to sincerely welcome you to AW. And since you do have experience in film/TV production, please do check out those areas of the forum!

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
So you basically act as an acquisitions editor for WheelMan Press, and publish your talent agency clients with them? (Are you the T Townsend who reviewed Mark Randle's book on Amazon, btw? And plugged Mark Randle's books in reviews for other books on the afterlife?)

ETA II:

A more thorough look at your Amazon reviews shows you also plugging in reviews for other products a video called "Mahjongg for Beginners." It's produced by First Star Media.

I recently learned that under UK law it's not lawful to review products in which one has a professional or financial interest without revealing that interest in the review. So if those reviews were written by tomelle, then I believe (and I'm not a lawyer, so don't sue me) to comply with the law he must edit all of his reviews to make his involvement clear. This includes the reviews in which he's plugged the products he has an interest in.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
I think this person introducing himself with the purpose of offering expertise for the "ask the agent" thread. I'm not sure I understand why the thread was moved to Bewares, except possibly for the fact that he mentioned he's interested in new writers. Would we have moved threads from other agents over if they offered to take questions?
Just want to be fair here.

Anyone can claim to be an agent. As we see below, Tom doesn't appear to have anything like the street cred to be in a position to act as a guest agent. Among other things, he isn't even an agent himself and doesn't seem to realise that authors don't actually need managers.

That's before we get to the dire conflicts of interest in which he appears to engage.

Doing so only brings up a page that is not viewable unless one is a member of IMDb Pro.

That being the case, perhaps you'd be willing to list your clients etc. for us? Especially since under "Client Roster" your website only links to that same IMDb page.

ETA:

A Google search turns up a Facebook page for you (in addition to the information that there is another Integrity Artists Management in the UK, with quite a client roster. Hmm), which leads to images of two author clients. Mark Randle is published by--surprise!--Wheelman Press.

(The other is a writer/director. It appears his film was actually made, and it has a free Weebly website. Its IMDb page is here. It looks like a straight-to-video-type horror flick, but hey, there's definitely a market for those. I don't really know anything about movie production etc., so I'll leave that to anyone who does. I note also that at least one [I only checked two] of your acting clients has some acting credits, which again appear to be small indie projects but like I said, not my area.)

ETA II:

A more thorough look at your Amazon reviews shows you also plugging in reviews for other products a video called "Mahjongg for Beginners." It's produced by First Star Media. First Star Media's IMDb page shows it produced, among other things, a film called "The Killers in Connecticut," which is plugged on your Facebook page and which--surprise again!--just happens to be produced by AND star someone named Tom Townsend, who's also done some work as an uncredited extra/uncredited incidental character in some HBO and other network shows.

All of which is very interesting and all, but Tom, what we really want to know is...what is your connection to WheelMan Press? What is your experience in publishing? Isn't there a conflict of interest in you signing authors you represent to a publishing company in which you have a financial interest, and doesn't the same apply in you hiring actors etc. to work in productions in which you have a financial interest?

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a member of IMDBpro - the page lists 11 clients .. all micro-budget stuff & shorts. (There are probably more clients ... IMDB will only list the ones with IMDB entries)

I won't do a copy & paste to avoid any disputes about poaching data from paid databases.

'Microbudget & shorts' certainly isn't a criticism (I'm a fan of them) .. it just clarifies at which end of the spectrum we are talking about here.

I hope you stick around Tom ... I appreciate you've had a rough start here. Part of the issue might be that we are pretty spoilt now. We are used to managers who are getting their writers high six-figure assignments and sales .. and still stick around to answer questions here . So people can get a bit fussy when it comes to who is invited to answer questions.

Good luck - I really do wish you well.

Mac
(PS: Yes - I realise that link goes to the Done Deal Pro board instead of this one. I think all the screenwriters here are members of both boards)

Last edited:

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Terie, but my question was previously answered by a moderator and had more to do with the rules and logistics of the "ask the agent" thread than with OP's background.

I had seen other agents post on there without being bumped to the Bewares thread first and I wanted to make sure we were being fair. Writers, after all, can give all the advice they want on here without being investigated first (and sometimes that's unfortunate!).

When I posted the question, I was not aware that the agents on that thread must be invited.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Integrity Arts Management: Other than their connection with Wheelman Press, which I find problematic due to the reviews IAM has written for this press's books without disclosing their conflict of interest, has IAM successfully sold clients' books to any other publishers?

Last edited:

LeslieB

Geek Unique
Registered
Reaction score
*snip*... and doesn't seem to realise that authors don't actually need managers.

I have to say I'm a bit confused about what exactly he's claiming to be able to do for us. It is an agent's job to not only sell our book, but to make sure we get the best deal they can negotiate. Why would I want to pay a second person to hang over my agent's shoulder? Hopefully the OP will clarify just what services he is offering.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think maybe he's offering to answer questions writers may have about actors and filmmakers?