• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Inga Hessel Literary Agency

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Roxie

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing some research to find a reputable canadian literary agent for my educational children's series. As any one ever heard anything about the:
INGA HESSEL LITERARY AGENCY
180 Bruyere Street, Suite #304
Ottawa, ON K1N 5E1
Tel: (613) 241-1769

I found her information on this site: http://www.books.bc.ca/literaryagents.php
but they do not have any status of the agency. Where can I find out?

Any feeback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Roxie

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
IIRC, Quill & Quire is Canada's equivalent to Publishers Marketplace in the U.S. A search on Hessel hits a few times, but the articles are members-only. If you're deep into finding an agent, it might be worth a couple month's membership for access.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Not finding any recent mention of her. Anyone else?

Christian

Registered
Reaction score
Not finding any recent mention of her. Anyone else?
I contacted Inga around 2009. I wrote a book and sent her my query and she requested a copy. Inga asked me to send $30.00 a month to cover telephone costs and she told me that she had made some. She told me that she enjoyed my book very much so I held some hope that she might find a publisher. She said that she would take a percentage as her fee, but only if it were to be published.

Inga owned a book store with her husband in Ottawa; her husband passed away. Inga told me Peter Ustinov was promoting his book at her store and advised her to become a Literary Agent. Inga also owed an apartment building where she also resided. Inga had an accident coming out of the elevator and broke her leg, making matters worst she was already in poor health. She told me that while in hospital she took with her a few books to read that she took pleasure in, she honoured me by selecting my book among them. Inga sadly soon after died from cancer, she was in her eighties.

I believe she left her business to her daughter but I haven't had any luck finding her to tell her what a kind and sharing person Inga Hessel was.

Reactions: kinokonoronin

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus