I love Europeans and Australians and this is why.

Daniel A. Roberts

Romantic At Heart
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Hello folks! For our International friends an FYI, I'm an American. I love Europeans and Australians for various reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I love other countries outside of those regions, but my focus is here for a very good reason.

My books are far more popular in Europe and Australia than they are in my own country. Now I haven't been published for very long, mind you. But they like me over there, and the feeling is mutual!

I love the accents! I could listen to French, British, Australian, and Swedish accent all day long.

I want to say to the international community here that my respect was high even before I put my writing into the world, I always wanted to see London, Spain and Norway. Maybe I will in the future, but for now, I'm content to sit here and give a wave and let you all know that in my book, you're groovy.

:D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have 2 thoughts about your post.

First off, I'm quite chuffed because I'm an Australian, and I happen to think this is a pretty great country. So thanks for the love. :)

Second off, I just noticed you have a series called "The Passion Trilogy" in your sig line. If that's your published series, then I'm quite dismayed - I had a series that I was bookmarking the name "The Passion Series" for... it wasn't my only option for a name, but I quite liked it, and I like having options.

I guess I'll have to scrap that title, and fall back on another potential title... oh, and that series, like all my other books, hasn't been published yet. First come, first serve, and all that. I hope "The Passion Trilogy" does very well. It's a good title. :D

Daniel A. Roberts

Romantic At Heart
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, I have 2 thoughts about your post.

First off, I'm quite chuffed because I'm an Australian, and I happen to think this is a pretty great country. So thanks for the love. :)

Second off, I just noticed you have a series called "The Passion Trilogy" in your sig line. If that's your published series, then I'm quite dismayed - I had a series that I was bookmarking the name "The Passion Series" for... it wasn't my only option for a name, but I quite liked it, and I like having options.

I guess I'll have to scrap that title, and fall back on another potential title... oh, and that series, like all my other books, hasn't been published yet. First come, first serve, and all that. I hope "The Passion Trilogy" does very well. It's a good title. :D

Why thank you for the well wishes! And I know exactly how you feel in the regards to titles. I have changed mine several times thanks to Google and Yahoo research. Yes, that is my published line, two thirds of the way done. The second book releases on 2/10 of this year and the third should be out by August.

Australia is on my list of places to visit before I die, and I really don't want to take the tourist route. I want to sit back in a bar somewhere, obscured with a beer and simply listen and watch the daily routine. I want to know the real Australia, not just a tourist's concept of the country. It's a hard land to tame, and I know that has an impact on the mindset and fortitude of any country. A good impact, in my opinion. :)

Europeans are pretty cool.

Australians too.

Ok, ok. Americans too. :D

You got two thumbs up from me, SaraP!

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
If you come to Australia, make sure you spend some time in Victoria. There's a particularly beautiful town called Warburton in the hills to the Northeast of Melbourne. Very laid back, very picturesque and quite eccentric.

Zanthus

Not as crazy as he thinks
Registered
Reaction score
If you come to Australia, make sure you spend some time in Victoria. There's a particularly beautiful town called Warburton in the hills to the Northeast of Melbourne. Very laid back, very picturesque and quite eccentric.

Victora... as a South Auzie i fell hounr bound to inform you that South Australia is better... and Quensland and just about any where else in Australia (This has nothing to do with Intersate rivalry :tongue ....
Serously they dont even have good Chips, or Iced Coffee over the border

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Victora... as a South Auzie i fell hounr bound to inform you that South Australia is better... and Quensland and just about any where else in Australia (This has nothing to do with Intersate rivalry :tongue ....
Serously they dont even have good Chips, or Iced Coffee over the border

Ha!

We do have the Grand Prix though! :evil

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Not to Italian?
-- sigh :(

You can speak Italian to me all day long, honey. ;) LOVE the accent and the language. I might not understand what you're saying most of the time, but I'll definitely be a captive audience. :)

Ha!

We do have the Grand Prix though! :evil

Keep it. Apparently that night race that they're planning is going to cost you guys way too much, and then who'll be laughing? Adelaide will suddenly have more money per person than Melbourne. ;)

Doobie Cantrip

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thrilled that you can tell the difference between the different accents. I once spent 8 months in the US and got sick to the back teeth of explaining to people that "NO, I'M NOT AUSTRALIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I spent six months in America as a kid and loved it. Everyone thought I had a British accent and at that time at least, the Americans couldn't tell the difference. They almost always asked me to keep talking though.