I Like to Play

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

StephanieBrooks

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a writer. I have written essays, science fiction, fantasy. I've written professional, technical papers. I wrote a ballet for a fashion photography shoot for a professional ballerina. I wrote a love story for a professional female actor for another fashion shoot. I've written erotica.

I recently wrote a short fictional story, drafted in a journal using a fountain pen. On the computer, it required little editing.

The latest erotica began as a dream on awakening one morning, an alliteration that was the concept of a story I was grateful to bring to life. A few words turned into a seven chapter story over the course of seven and a half weeks. Funny the story started on the day I damaged one of my knees during a hike, causing me to spend more time at the computer. (Physical therapy confirmed I am not a follower of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch. Re: I am not a masochist.) The story was fun to write, and I fell in love with the characters.

While awaiting approval for my account, I read many interesting posts here on AW/Drift. I look forward to meeting with folks here!

Reactions: Izz

Maryn

Fully Autumnal
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's the best kind of erotica, the kind where it's more about who these people are than exactly what they do, no matter what it may be.

There's a public portion of the Erotica Board where you're welcome to play while you await the special adults-only password. It's sometimes quiet, but I'll look for you there, okay?

Maryn, one of the Erotica moderators

StephanieBrooks

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Maryn! I saw some interesting discussions over there yesterday, and I became aware of the special area. I will definitely spend some time on the Public Portion, especially this evening!

I've been very lucky to be able to tell all kinds of stories over the years, learning about people, celebrating who and what they are. Thank goodness for the artistic side of me, to complement the technical, mathematical side.

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, StephanieBrooks! You will find many kindred spirits here who share your love of writing, and you will be very welcome indeed in the Erotica subforum.

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

I have written essays, science fiction, fantasy. I've written professional, technical papers. I wrote a ballet for a fashion photography shoot for a professional ballerina. I wrote a love story for a professional female actor for another fashion shoot. I've written erotica.

That's a good amount of variety.

I recently wrote a short fictional story, drafted in a journal using a fountain pen.

You had me at "fountain pen." I'd never use one to write -- given that my handwriting is the stuff of nightmares -- but there's something really cool about the concept, particularly given the way the pen itself adjusts to your handwriting (or, at least, that's the excuse one of my coworkers gave for never letting me use his)

While awaiting approval for my account, I read many interesting posts here on AW/Drift. I look forward to meeting with folks here!

I think the "Drift" thing is a template error? The site recently underwent some maintenance, and it's something I don't remember

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the "Drift" thing is a template error? The site recently underwent some maintenance, and it's something I don't remember
It's a template thing; I need to replace the template's logo with the AW logo.

Which is one of the things I need my computer to do; it's at Apple having the keyboard (recalled by Apple) replaced.

Reactions: Nether

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Stephanie! It's nice to meet you.

AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place. There's more than enough information here regarding all aspects of the craft and business of writing to get you headed where you want to go, and an awesome community (which it appears you've already found - or have found you :D) to hang out with.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These resources will quickly get you up to speed on the forum rules, as well as the etiquette and culture of all the various spaces within the forums.

Explore, lurk if you want, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you want, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards!
Izz

StephanieBrooks

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nether! Thank you so much!

On fountain pens, I used one once as a kid, and it was a broken, dreadful thing. Late winter of this year, I finally broke down and got a real one, and I found it to be very nice, once I figured out how to write with it. Now I have a bunch of them with lots of different inks.

And Hi AW Admin! Yes to both you and Nether, now that makes sense it is a template thing.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
On fountain pens, I used one once as a kid, and it was a broken, dreadful thing. Late winter of this year, I finally broke down and got a real one, and I found it to be very nice, once I figured out how to write with it. Now I have a bunch of them with lots of different inks.
Stephanie, if you're into fountain pens, you might enjoy our Analog Tools subforum. You'll find plenty of other fountain pen aficionados in there :)

Reactions: StephanieBrooks

StephanieBrooks

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Izz!

Thank you! It's nice to meet you, too.

I've been through the Newbie's Guide, but I'm also one for revisiting "user manuals" frequently. Also, I have seen at least one stickied/pinned threads on top of a forum page; I will keep my eyes alert for others.

See you around!

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stephanie, if you're into fountain pens, you might enjoy our Analog Tools subforum. You'll find plenty of other fountain pen aficionados in there :)
Stop it, Izz! Fountain pens are waaaaay too addictive, and we want her for the Erotica subforum! I got here first. Finders keepers, dammit!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

StephanieBrooks

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, @regdog!

I've been going through the Newbie Guide and Stickies. I'll definitely check out the Weekend Progress Report. I'm mainly an amateur/hobbyist writer, but I'm serious about trying to do well.

I saw the FAQ on photos, as well as other FAQs. Thank you!

I do have things I want to put in the SYW areas, specifically the E-SYW area. While I've made some posts already, I've just been enjoying the different areas and ideas I've seen so far. I'm in no rush to make it to 50 posts.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Krampus Nacht

Krampus