• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

How'd You Find This Site?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
I got here through a Google search on PublishAmerica. Sadly, it was too late to stop me from signing with them, but I've stayed because of the support offered to people caught up in the whole PA mess.

It does feel like home here.

Indeed! I'm loving this site.

DezDunn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dezareadunn.com
I was referred to AW by a community member. She is beta reading one of my books and told me how brutally honest and helpful this forum has been for her! I am excited to grow here as a writer. <3

Beccorban

Registered
Reaction score
Hey - I found it years ago through a Google search but never really used it. Then I had it recommended to me again recently by a mod on r/pubtips and so here I am.

Melissa.O'Connor

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I heard about this site from a fellow writer who critiqued my first chapter then told me I should definitely get over here and interact a bit, then try sharing my work. She said the feedback was invaluable in her getting MS in shape.

kg-writes

Lost in Revisions
Registered
Reaction score
A good friend mentioned it to me as a great place to connect with other writers & keep up on important news in the industry. Lots of great information on agencies & agents that I am immensely grateful to have found.

lilseasalt

Registered
Reaction score
I have been really wanting to write more kidlit and found this place recommended in a reddit wiki.

Challenger007

Registered
Reaction score
A friend advised me to your forum. He loves to read and prefers modern, little-known authors. I agree with him. There are a lot of unknown writers in the world who write brilliant things, but they simply do not have the financial ability to publish their work in sufficient circulation, to pay for advertising. Publishers are now also not ready to invest in everyone. And it turns out that really worthy things are unknown to anyone, and consumer goods like "50 shades of gray" are everywhere and everywhere.

MadameDraco347

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for online writing communities, and I found this one on several websites. After doing some research on the others, I decided this one would be the best for what I wanted. The other communities I found didn't seem quite as open and accepting of all writing styles as I would have liked. This one, however, seemed to be designed to build everyone up into the best writers they can be.

Also, I greatly appreciate the well-organized layout of this website over others I found.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "most popular writing forums" and Absolute Write was at the top of the list!

You're actually right. I did search it on google using the KWs you gave and it was #1 on the top online writing communities.

writing17

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling writing forums and this one was listed at the top of a list of them at a site called NY Book Editors.
I had the same experience too. I was googling online writing communities and absolutewrite was the first site that showed up.

Reactions: Izz

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I was googling writing forums and this one was listed at the top of a list of them at a site called NY Book Editors.
I had the same experience too. I was googling online writing communities and absolutewrite was the first site that showed up.
Y'know, I think that's how I found the place too. Well, actually I was googling a supposed publisher that sounded fishy and saw AW near the top of the google results. Discovered AW had a *lot* of info on the publisher (they were very fishy). And then I lurked a bit and thought, 'Man, this place is awesome,' and joined up.

Reactions: writing17