How do I get books on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

I would like to list my books on Amazon however I am in New Zealand and do not have a distributor or warehouse facility in the United States. How do I make arrangements to get my books sold on Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc etc

Is there a company that can look after this for me? And what are the costs

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Are these self-published books, TaliaMana, or do you have an Australian/NZ publisher? Normally, the publisher is the one that handles putting the books on the sites like Amazon, B&N, etc. If you've self-published, you can register with both Amazon and B&N as a publisher and get them listed. Let me know yay or nay and I can try to locate the links for you. If you have a publisher, you can simply ask them to make them available.

Also, don't overlook Australian/NZ sites like Boomerang Books, SeekBooks and Galaxy Bookshop. They get orders from all over the world, not just Down Under!

:)

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
hi cathy and thanks for the prompt response

there is 1 self published book and 1 done by a publisher. he is a NZ based publisher and doesn't appear to have many overseas links.

For self-published books Amazon says I have to have a warehouse in the United States and I don't!!! So I need to find about about that.

My books are listed in NZ with realgroovy - I haven't heard of the others. I listened to the teleseminar on making your book a bestseller with Amazon and it got me all enthused about being listed on Amazon but the distance seems to be an obstacle. Is there a company that will warehouse my books and what will it cost???

Maybe there is a better alternative altho everyone seems to go to Amazon

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You can self publish with a US company that provides ISBN and a distribution package (e.g. Lulu) but the books almost always end up high priced.

Or you can look into becoming an amazon affiliate youself, just like all those second hand book dealers that they list. For this you need to have an ISBN and copies of your own book and make sure you price at a level that pays postage from NZ within amazon's set pricing structure.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
hey that's a clever idea, I hadn't thought of that.I will check out how that works. Both my books have an ISBN so that's not a problem

Out of curiosity... what is a Mod Squad Member? sounds kinda cool

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I moderate the 'erotica' sub-forum, all the mods together are the 'mod squad' and have a secret clubhouse and so forth.

BTW I am also a New Zealander.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Hey that's cool. Now I know where the Smut Mod came from hehe

Fantastic. Now I'm here I will have a good nose around at who and what everything is.

I know Jenna recommends the Amazon Bestseller course that is promoted. has anyone else here participated. I was pretty disappointed with them. I sent an email with questions that has gone unanswered (not even an autorespond) so I wrote them off as not being very responsive...

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
oh rats that didn't work

veinglory said:
you can look into becoming an amazon affiliate youself, just like all those second hand book dealers that they list. For this you need to have an ISBN and copies of your own book and make sure you price at a level that pays postage from NZ within amazon's set pricing structure.

I checked out this option but it doesn't work. to be a marketplace seller you have to have an isbn that they have on their database and i don't. otherwise you need to be based in america:

What You'll Need for Registration

Please have the following information ready before you begin registration as a seller on the Amazon.com Marketplace:
  • A US-based credit card
  • A US phone number where we can immediately reach you (If you are on dial-up, please read this first.)
  • Your billing address
  • A US checking account, including information that can be found on a personal check
any other bright ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.