• U.S. members: The Federal Government is offering each household in the United States four (4) free at-home Covid-19 test kits. https://www.covidtests.gov/

How do I get a reply to appear in the right place?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Jazz Club

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, sorry, this might be a stupid question, I'm new. When I reply to someone, my reply seems to end up at the bottom of the page instead of right after that person's post, but maybe that's how it works on these forums? Is the order of posts more about the time you posted rather than who you reply to, or am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: SarahST2

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, sorry, this might be a stupid question, I'm new. When I reply to someone, my reply seems to end up at the bottom of the page instead of right after that person's post, but maybe that's how it works on these forums? Is the order of posts more about the time you posted rather than who you reply to, or am I doing something wrong?
The default is to display posts in time-stamp order.

You can always quote parts of the post you are replying to, to make the context clear.

Reactions: Chris P

Jazz Club

Registered
Reaction score
The default is to display posts in time-stamp order.

You can always quote parts of the post you are replying to, to make the context clear.
Thanks, was just wondering if I was doing something wrong :)

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, was just wondering if I was doing something wrong :)
I don't think so. There is a multi quote function that I am going to turn on in the near future. It was not working properly at first; it might not be working properly now, but I won't know until I try.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away