Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hounds! Hounds! I want to know what you think of this idea. It's so horrible, but at the same time, I think it's genius.

A choose your own adventure style book where the main character keeps trying to commit suicide, but fate intervenes every time to keep him alive and mostly unharmed. The choose your own adventure part keeps looping back through the book infinitely, so there's no real ending, but if you read the first letter of each "chapter" in the table of contents, it reads "You're in Hell"
I mean, I think it’s clever, but I like wordplay. And bad puns. And other Dad joke type material.

Calla Lily

Charmingly manic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
PBS does have a streaming service, which to the best of my recollection is free as long as you are a member of your local station. As one does.
Thanks, sheepy, but not a fan of PBS, actually. They only seem to show stuff we'd watch during one of their interminable pledge drives, and then they interrupt constantly to beg for money.

Besides, I'm back to my usual weird self now. No desire to time-travel back to that horrible year ever again.

Reactions: slcboston

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I support NPR but haven’t PBS in a long while, since I cut ties with cable. There are some shows I miss, but overall…

I also mostly despise nostalgia, so there’s that. :D

Reactions: Calla Lily

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
So I keep having these really crazy vivid nightmares of late. Lots of running from zombies (never the slow kind for me, sigh), and then some really super weird ones. Like getting stuck on an elevator that wouldn't work and kept taking me to all the floors I didn't want, but way too far above and below the floor I was aiming for to say f* it and take the stairs.

The one that has probably taken the cake so far involved trolls and mountain giants sleeping in the earth and me coming upon the biggest one yet that was about to wake up...so of course my car suddenly disappeared beneath me and I was trying to bum a ride from all these idiots who were standing around staring at a "forest fire" that was created by the trolls coming to help the mountain giant along out of its slumber. All I knew was that no one was listening and I needed to get out of there ASAP before I turned into a snack.

Best part is my partner spent most of our car ride down to my parents yesterday trying to correlate my dream to real life things going on for me because he's really into that. I feel like trolls and mountain giants are a bit of a stretch, but it was rather hysterical following his thinking about what symbolized what :LOL:

Reactions: slcboston

Featured Book