Hi, new guy here!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Kendall_Jackson

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am from Eastern Europe. I go by Kendall Jackson, a pseudonym( I find it's easier for people to pronounce than my real name). I've been writing since high school which makes it... about 20 years now. Found my friends and colleagues liked what I wrote, but I never intended for that to be published, it was for fun.
As for what I write... Well I write whatever comes in my mind. I always had huge imagination but in general it goes towards fantasy, sci-fi, adventure and light novel kind of direction. As for style... I usually write more dialogue and action, I like leaving descriptions mostly to the reader, not to say I do not do descriptions but it's not my forte, as of now. I also like to write short stories as time is precious for readers these days, so I like making them more accessible, but again, it depends of the ideas I have.
Seems writing, or at least coming on with ideas is what i am best at. So, here I am. Finally made the courage to look for places that can help and...here I am.

Reactions: Woollybear and Izz

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, Kendall_Jackson! :)

Kendall_Jackson said:
I write whatever comes in my mind. I always had huge imagination but in general it goes towards fantasy, sci-fi, adventure and light novel kind of direction.

:Thumbs: :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place, with all the info you'll ever need on all things writing and publishing, and home to an amazing community, to boot.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand not only the forum rules, but also the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within, and will also help make the forums less overwhelming.

There's a lot to discover, so please take your time exploring, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

Unimportant

I'm Da Birdie! (she/her)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am from Eastern Europe. I go by Kendall Jackson, a pseudonym( I find it's easier for people to pronounce than my real name). I've been writing since high school which makes it... about 20 years now. Found my friends and colleagues liked what I wrote, but I never intended for that to be published, it was for fun.
As for what I write... Well I write whatever comes in my mind. I always had huge imagination but in general it goes towards fantasy, sci-fi, adventure and light novel kind of direction. As for style... I usually write more dialogue and action, I like leaving descriptions mostly to the reader, not to say I do not do descriptions but it's not my forte, as of now. I also like to write short stories as time is precious for readers these days, so I like making them more accessible, but again, it depends of the ideas I have.
Seems writing, or at least coming on with ideas is what i am best at. So, here I am. Finally made the courage to look for places that can help and...here I am.
Welcome, Kendall_Jackson! Hurrah for short stories :) You'll find lots of people here who write short stories, and who write in your preferred genres.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

writer316

hitchhiking across the novel-craft galaxy
Registered
Reaction score
@Kendall_Jackson hello and welcome to AW! :hi: I'm also a SFF writer, also working in short stories (for now, to give my longer manuscript time to breathe).

coming on with ideas is what i am best at
That's fantastic! Guess writer's block'll be staying far, far away from you. ;)

Finally made the courage to look for places that can help and...here I am.
Glad to have you; this site is super helpful for growing and improving as a writer! (from personal experience) :)

Kendall_Jackson

Registered
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome....yeah writer but the problem is I am getting too many ideas and can sometimes get lost in them, which explains why it took me 15 years to finally try and publish.

Maryn

Baaaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I very much enjoy wine, so it's blatantly obvious I'm going to like you quite well, because I routinely have at least two bottles of Kendall-Jackson in the house at any given moment. Coincidence? I think not!

Welcome to you.

Maryn, pleased to meet you