Hi from the New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

loconeal

Registered
Reaction score
Just joined hoping to learn a few tricks of the trade. I've published 72 articles to the internet several years ago on a now defunct web site, "Helium." It was a forum to write articles that were judged by your peers and paid a few bucks. It was fun and a great learning experience. I wrote articles on everything as they chose the topics. Once in a while one of my articles resurfaces on the internet.
So now I'm a retired locomotive engineer and I've taken up writing again. I just published "Railroad Stories From The EJ&E Railroad and a few others" on Amazon. Turns out writing the book was only half of the work. I knew that book writing was difficult but this was way out there beyond what I expected. I had an editor format and proof the book then I had a guy in Morocco do the covers for me that I designed as they must be a special size for the amount of pages. It turned out very nice.
In the works I've also written a 107,500 word sci-fi heroic fantasy book, "Earth Rider" as the first book in a multibook series. It is at my editor now getting the polish that it needs and of course to keep me from looking like an idiot here and there. I've already started book 2.
Recently we've changed residences and sold our old home so that has had me very busy repairing and cleaning up. Also put some lipstick on the old pig and we sold it for a premium price, we are very happy.
I fly remote control airplanes and I'm an amateur bee keeper, just now getting back into that after several years.
The real kicker here is that I'm the kid that hated English class............. LOL

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, loconeal!

There is nowhere better to hone the craft of writing (and learn all things publishing) than AW, in my opinion. While the size of the place can be a little daunting, it's certainly worth the effort to acclimate. You'll love it here, I'm sure!

See you around the boards
Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

sphynge

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Fellow newbie here. I can’t say I know many locomotive engineers who are also beekeepers and writers, so I’ll be eagerly following your journey. I personally love the stickies on basics of writing and editing; the query letter feedback threads; and the analog tool thread, because I’m a paper nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.