Hi! another newbie!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Lex Mac

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Alexis, I'm really excited to have found a place to chat about writing and get advice from people who love the art as much as I do!

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Lex Mac! Gosh, yes, there are thousands of us here who are passionate about writing. You'll find lots of new folks to chat with.

Reactions: Lex Mac

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Maryn

Fully Autumnal
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you. How'd you find out we exist?

Maryn, not exactly keeping it a secret

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Alexis! It's great to meet you :D

You'll love it here, I'm sure. There's more information here regarding the craft and business of writing than you can shake a stick at, and a wonderful community of writerly folk, from newbies to pros, to hang out with.

The forums are large, which means it can be easy to get lost/overwhelmed at first but if you take your time exploring you'll figure the place out quickly enough. To that end, please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These resources will help you understand the rules of the forums, as well as the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within.

Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you want, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :D
Izz

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Alexis.

Much like TD Hunter, I was going to ask what you write. I'm also curious as to where you are on your writing journey.

Lex Mac

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Lex Mac. What do you like to write and/or read?
Welcome, Alexis.

Much like TD Hunter, I was going to ask what you write. I'm also curious as to where you are on your writing journey.
I love reading all kinds of things! Some of my favourite genres are Thriller, mystery and psychological dramas. I'm a sucker for a book that tugs at the heart strings and gets you thinking about your own life in different ways.

As for my writing journey, I am still fairly new, although I have been writing since I was a young teenager I recently started working on my first novel. I am 22 years old and I am learning new skills when it comes to writing all the time!

Reactions: Nether

Lex Mac

Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you. How'd you find out we exist?

Maryn, not exactly keeping it a secret
I found AW while researching communities for aspiring and current writers. After checking out some of the forums and staying up way too late because I couldn't stop myself from reading thread after thread I decided this seemed like a great community to be a part of!

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
I love reading all kinds of things! Some of my favourite genres are Thriller, mystery and psychological dramas. I'm a sucker for a book that tugs at the heart strings and gets you thinking about your own life in different ways.

As for my writing journey, I am still fairly new, although I have been writing since I was a young teenager I recently started working on my first novel. I am 22 years old and I am learning new skills when it comes to writing all the time!

Best of luck on the novel. I imagine it probably falls into one of those aforementioned genres?

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found AW while researching communities for aspiring and current writers. After checking out some of the forums and staying up way too late because I couldn't stop myself from reading thread after thread I decided this seemed like a great community to be a part of!
Yep this place can be pretty addictive 😄

Maryn

Fully Autumnal
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not the only person who stops in at AW "just for a minute or two" when she should be writing, and somehow stays a half hour or more.

Maryn, confessing and accusing at the same time

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not the only person who stops in at AW "just for a minute or two" when she should be writing, and somehow stays a half hour or more.

Maryn, confessing and accusing at the same time

I had recently wondered whether I'd get more writing done if not for AW, but the past two or three days AW has been offline rather effectively answered, "No, apparently not." :p

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus