Hello, water-cooler

jjacosta

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jordanacosta.co
I’m Jordan, a speculative writer based near London, I found out about this forum from the excellent Publishing Rodeo Podcast.

I’m a visual historian by trade and work for a huge range of clients from publishers, broadcast, museums etc. and have published non-fiction history. When I’m not working, I’m reading and writing. My reading is eclectic, and generally genre hop between SFF to mystery to literary, and any blend of those genres also work for me.

Hmm, what else? My favourite authors are le Carré and Dan Abnett, and I can chew your ear off about Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Currently very nearly done with my first MS which has taken about four years to write and I’m looking forward to eventually getting it out there.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

FireCat

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Jordan! I'm new here since a couple of days ago. It's a lively and well-run forum from what I've seen so far. It's been a long, long time since I read Tinker, so I don't remember much beyond the name George Smiley and that I liked the book.

Reactions: Gramps and jjacosta

jjacosta

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jordanacosta.co
Welcome, Jordan! I'm new here since a couple of days ago. It's a lively and well-run forum from what I've seen so far. It's been a long, long time since I read Tinker, so I don't remember much beyond the name George Smiley and that I liked the book.

Thank you! I’m one of those who re-reads their favourite books over and over again and will never tire of it. In TTSS, it’s worth repeated reads just to appreciate the sheer scale of le Carré’s attention to detail and bringing every plot thread together by the end!

Reactions: dickson

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The maddest I ever got at my maddening sister-in-law was when she mocked me for rereading beloved books. Clearly you and I are going to get along much better!

Welcome to you. We have active forums in every genre that interests you as a writer and a reader, plus a bunch more to lure you away from the other things you need to be doing.

Maryn, glad you're here

Reactions: Gramps and jjacosta

Jean P. R. Dubois

The great dabbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.acx.com
Greetings Jordan, glad to have you aboard! This is a great group of folks from all walks of life, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

Reactions: jjacosta

jjacosta

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jordanacosta.co
The maddest I ever got at my maddening sister-in-law was when she mocked me for rereading beloved books. Clearly you and I are going to get along much better!

Welcome to you. We have active forums in every genre that interests you as a writer and a reader, plus a bunch more to lure you away from the other things you need to be doing.

Maryn, glad you're here

A dozen plus times is *not* excessive, right?

Reactions: Maryn

Charles Bates

The world deserves a spider
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Jordan, I look forward to hearing about your manuscript. I'm currently in query letter hell with my first manuscript, but hopefully not much longer. Glad to have you with us.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I’m Jordan, a speculative writer based near London, I found out about this forum from the excellent Publishing Rodeo Podcast.

I’m a visual historian by trade and work for a huge range of clients from publishers, broadcast, museums etc. and have published non-fiction history. When I’m not working, I’m reading and writing. My reading is eclectic, and generally genre hop between SFF to mystery to literary, and any blend of those genres also work for me.

Hmm, what else? My favourite authors are le Carré and Dan Abnett, and I can chew your ear off about Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Currently very nearly done with my first MS which has taken about four years to write and I’m looking forward to eventually getting it out there.

Thanks for reading!
Welcome! Oooh, the F/SF and historical writers will be happy to see you. :D

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, jjacosta/Jordan! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard