Hello to all!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

heaterxo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here!
The name is Heather, and I write poetry mostly and I enjoy writing in a stream of consciousness. Most of the writing is autobiographical and also through the eyes of people I never met.
I've been writing on and off ever since I was I was 14.

I'm all about reading/listening to anthology horror stories and mysteries.

Hobbies include puzzles, coloring, learning about various subjects, and listening to all genres of music.

I'm hoping to get to know my fellow writers, and I am glad to be here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Reactions: heaterxo

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here!
The name is Heather, and I write poetry mostly and I enjoy writing in a stream of consciousness. Most of the writing is autobiographical and also through the eyes of people I never met.

I'm all about anthology horror stories and mysteries.

Hobbies include puzzles, coloring, learning about various subjects, and listening to all genres of music.

I'm hoping to get to know my fellow writers, and I am glad to be here!
Welcome, Heather/heaterxo!

Ooooh, let's talk horror anthologies! Do you publish in them? Love to read them? Have any recent ones to recommend? I'm about a decade behind the times, sadly.

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

I write poetry mostly and I enjoy writing in a stream of consciousness. Most of the writing is autobiographical and also through the eyes of people I never met.

I'm all about anthology horror stories and mysteries.

I also enjoy a good horror anthology (and occasionally a bad one, too)... although I guess I'm not sure by context whether you just read horror stories and mysteries, or write them, too. When I first read it, I thinking it was just reading, but I guess I'm less sure now.

heaterxo

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

I also enjoy a good horror anthology (and occasionally a bad one, too)... although I guess I'm not sure by context whether you just read horror stories and mysteries, or write them, too. When I first read it, I thinking it was just reading, but I guess I'm less sure now.
Oh, I apologize for the lack of clarity on the horror anthologies. I only read/listen to them. I have tried once to write something scary, it didn't work out so well.

Unimportant

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I apologize for the lack of clarity on the horror anthologies. I only read/listen to them. I have tried once to write something scary, it didn't work out so well.
that's good enough for me ;)

Which bits push your buttons, and which bits make you punch the off button? Is there a length, a style, a theme, a subgenre, that appeals to you?

heaterxo

Registered
Reaction score
that's good enough for me ;)

Which bits push your buttons, and which bits make you punch the off button? Is there a length, a style, a theme, a subgenre, that appeals to you?
I do like the more cautionary tales, or classic ghost stories. Themes can vary, I will sometimes just randomly find stories, and go from there.

Unimportant

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I just wander randomly, and sometimes it turns into a story, and sometimes it, well, doesn't. I've got one now that I'm like WTF? are you going anywhere? It'll probably get biffed, TBH.

I don't think I have a theme, yet. Hopefully someday.

Do you have preferred markets? I've got some ooooold pieces I need to look at reprint markets for....

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Heather! It's nice to meet you.

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW has all the information you need to improve your craft and get to understand the business side of writing. Not only that, but the forums are home to a large, vibrant community of likeminded folk to help you get where you want to go. AW can be overwhelming at first but if you take your time to explore you'll know your way around in no time.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand the forum rules, as well as the culture and etiquette of each separate space within. Too, they can help you avoid potentially embarrassing newbie mistakes.

Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

Krampus Nacht

Krampus