Hello everyone!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Mjfaraldo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum. Thank you very much for having me and I look forward to reading you all :)

My name is Maria and I'm from Uruguay. I love writing fantasy and romance. I've just finished my first novel.

Happy writing everyone!

Reactions: Izz and lizmonster

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Maria! It's nice to meet you & congrats on finishing your first novel! :)

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's best writing resource and community. There is more information tucked away within the forums on all aspects of writing and publishing than you'll ever need and the folks here are very friendly. AW is large, so it can be easy to get lost/overwhelmed at first but if you take your time getting to know the place you'll be comfortable soon enough.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, plus the stickied/pinned threads in each subforum. These will help you understand the overall rules of the forums, as well as the etiquette and culture of the various spaces within.

You'll likely enjoy our Romance | Women's Fiction room as well as our grand Science Fiction | Fantasy hall. Too, check out our International District, where we can connect with members from all over the globe. Our Novels subforum might also be a nice place to start exploring from.

Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :D
Izz

Reactions: Mjfaraldo

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and congratulations on finishing your first novel. Is it fantasy, romance, or a mixture of those two genres you mentioned?

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Mjfaraldo. Congrats on finishing your novel! That's an amazing accomplishment.

Lundgren

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats on finishing your first novel.

I just registered earlier this week myself, and so far it seems to be a great place :)

Mjfaraldo

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and congratulations on finishing your first novel. Is it fantasy, romance, or a mixture of those two genres you mentioned?
It is a mixture. It's more a fantasy with romance that moves the plot forward.

Reactions: Lundgren

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb

Mjfaraldo

Registered
Reaction score
And welcome to you, too! What kind of fantasy is your novel?
Thank you! My writing is all over the place, but the one that I just finished is a fantasy that involves Egyptian gods and it's set in our world with a twist. I almost want to say is urban fantasy, but it's not set in a specific city per se. :)

rileyariel

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! My writing is all over the place, but the one that I just finished is a fantasy that involves Egyptian gods and it's set in our world with a twist. I almost want to say is urban fantasy, but it's not set in a specific city per se. :)
I feel this. My finished novel is also partially set in our world, but I'm not quite comfortable with the urban fantasy label. It doesn't quite feel accurate, yet nothing else fits.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving