• Yes both shots

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Just the first

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Nope. Not going to happen.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Trying to get an appointment.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Something else I'll explain in the comments.

• Not eligible yet where I am.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Reactions: Roxxsmom

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As an older diabetic, I took the earliest shots I could get. Was so happy when I got jabbed! Was pleased with how my state ran the clinics giving shots -- they processed a lot of people, quickly.

Wasn't offered a choice of vaccines, didn't care, was given Moderna. I had no side-effects on the first shot, and only mild ones for two days on the second. We've started venturing out again to dine out & etc, and it's weird, and oh so lovely.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I've had two. Was the last one in my family, thanks to my (relative) youth, and my health. Maybe a little tired each time, but no real side effects.

I'm still tending toward wearing a mask at places like the grocery store, and when entering and leaving restaurants. (Restaurants! Yikes!) I'd say I'm seeing about a 50/50 split on that. I haven't seen anyone get harassed either way.

The Kid had one friend with not really anti-vaxx parents, but vaxx-blasé parents. Friend is getting their second shot tomorrow.

Reactions: Introversion

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I had my second shot on March 17. I'm a caregiver for my mom. The community residents were all vaccinated en masse.

I was surprised (and horrified) to discover some of the staff where she went for rehab post hip surgery did not wear masks, and weren't getting the vaccine.

I was also surprised by the hostility from some people about the fact that I already have had both shots.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was also surprised by the hostility from some people about the fact that I already have had both shots.
Sorry to hear that. That "vaccination" has been politicized makes me uneasy and sad.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got my shots in April. The first shot wiped me out for a few hours (just slept through the middle of the day, no aches or pains) and the second shot was no issue at all.

People here are still mostly masking up, for sure inside but also outside in crowds, but not so much when just out and about. I've been unmasked in a few indoor situations, and it's one minute not noticing followed by "holy crap where are peoples' masks?!?!?"

Reactions: Introversion

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
Both shots, AstraZeneca, no side effects at all. Not even sore arm - I felt something was there for 2-3 days, but I couldn't call it even pain. My husband got Pfizer, no side effects at all.

anaemic_mind

I come with accessories now
Registered
Reaction score
Had my second AZ shot last week. Had a sore arm, mild fever and headache for a few days as with the first. But this time around have some added minor , but annoying menstrual issues. My other half is having his second this weekend. Hoping he has a better time. He had full on flu-type symptoms with his first back in March. Floored him for nearly two weeks.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't voted on the poll yet as 2nd dose is coming up so my answer will be different by the end of this month. Originally when I booked my first dose (via NHS website) it looked like I was going to have to go all the way to Southampton (in the next county an hour away by car or train) to get my 2nd dose and also wait until July, but I called the booking line more recently and not only did I get a booking in June and in the town where I live, it's at my local 24 hr pharmacy so I can walk there.

There's no choice of vaccine on the NHS and I was given the AstraZeneca one, and as far as I know the 2nd dose will be the same. My kids have not been vaccinated yet because in the NHS's order of priority, they don't have any medical conditions that warrant getting it ahead of their age group and the NHS was still on the thirty somethings last time I checked, but maybe starting to invite 20 somethings now (it's suddenly moving a lot faster because they have increased the programme's capacity because they are concerned about the Delta variant). I'm expecting they'll vaccinate through the schools once they get to the kids. My parents were vaccinated ages ago as their age group was much higher up the priority list.

I got weird side affects with dose 1, sore arm (sore enough to wake me up in the night when I rolled onto it!) and feeling like I was about to come down with a fever but never actually getting a fever. Fine now. Waiting to see how dose 2 will be.

Masks are still required here on buses, in shops etc (except for people who are exempt) just in case people who are vaccinated can still spread it. Waiting to see if that will change on June 21st (BoJo's Big Announcement day).

PickledHorseradish

Registered
Reaction score
Both shots. Pfizer. Mrs. Horseradish got clobbered by the second one and was down for the count for two days. I felt like Superman and had more energy than I've had in years. The day of the second one I was actually running up and down the stairs trying to burn off energy. I think it may have been the feeling of that Titan-sized weight being off of my chest.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Got both of mine (Team Pfizer). First one just made my arm hurt and I got very tired at bedtime. Second one made me feel like I had a rotten cold, without the respiratory issues. I was just achy, tired, and blah the day after. Ran a low-grade (for me) fever.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I received both shots with Pfizer. The first one was easy. I received the second one a few hours before a Board of Directors meeting by Zoom. I had some funky stuff happen like I was disoriented and could feel fireworks going off in my brain. Right after the fireworks stopped I had this overwhelming desire to burst into tears! Luckily they didn't last long and I went my turn came to speak I warned the other directors I may be a bit off.:oops:

AstronautMikeDexter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelprocopiowrites.wordpress.com
I had my second Pfizer dose in early May and what a relief it is! I still find myself needing to adjust my thinking. Though it's not 100% effective, it is still highly effective. Entering the world again has been a mental process!

As for my side effects, they were manageable. Dull headache, mild fatigue, hot flashes, minor backache, and my underarm got pretty tender.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I took the earliest appointment I could get. I was glad to get it. Johnson and Johnson was what the vaccine site I went to had, so only one dose.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think they're offering people a choice in the U.S. Everyone I know gets whatever the provider has on hand.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Holy cats, Bob, I'm glad you got through it!
Fun times. :)

It was partly due to poor education by the VA on my insulin. They'd never taught me anything about carb counting; I was on a flat mealtime bolus of 40 units (which was almost criminally stupid). I'd adjust it a few units here and there, but it was always a blind guess. So I went to eat dinner and reduced it a little bit, but I only ate half of the serving I'd dosed for. Later that night, my wife woke up, realized I was having a low, and started treating me. It took 2 doses of glucagon to get me awake in back to 22. By the time the squad arrived, I was in the 40s and coherent again.

That won't happen again. I'm on an insulin pump which is just darned cool.

Reactions: AW Admin and MaeZe

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Spousal Unit and I both got vaccinated in late April/early May. I was fully expecting to have to wait until my 65th birthday in mid-May, and SU is eight years younger so he thought he'd have to wait even later, but our healthcare provider emailed me out of the blue before then to let me know they had the vaccines available. I went in that very day for my first Pfizer jab. I had no ill effects beyond a sore arm at the injection site and feeling a little tired; the SU felt a little flu-y after the second but was back to normal within 24 hours. (I had a strange tingling sensation in the vaccinated arm after the first shot that lasted about 12 hours; I thought it was just my imagination but then a friend said she felt like her blood in that arm was "fizzing" afterward - so maybe not.)

I fully expect booster(s) will be necessary over the next year(s), but I'd happily get them. I'm masking where still required and in crowds - not that I've been in many crowds lately. Live theatre is just starting to come back, but jobs are still very thin on the ground and beyond a concert I have booked in August, I'm not holding out much hope for stage work through the balance of 2021. It's just the way things are right now.

Reactions: AW Admin

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fun times. :)

It was partly due to poor education by the VA on my insulin. They'd never taught me anything about carb counting; I was on a flat mealtime bolus of 40 units (which was almost criminally stupid). I'd adjust it a few units here and there, but it was always a blind guess. So I went to eat dinner and reduced it a little bit, but I only ate half of the serving I'd dosed for. Later that night, my wife woke up, realized I was having a low, and started treating me. It took 2 doses of glucagon to get me awake in back to 22. By the time the squad arrived, I was in the 40s and coherent again.

That won't happen again. I'm on an insulin pump which is just darned cool.
Wow. Glad you're okay.

Reactions: Lyv and cmhbob