Halloween Quilt

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The picture isn't great, because I have not yet mastered hovering near the ceiling, camera in hand. This is about five feet by six and a half, and all the Halloween-print fabrics have at least some glow-in-the-dark aspects.

dMmYdGum.jpg

You can't see that the pattern of the machine quilting is a spider web, but it is, and quite inexpertly done.

I'm making a pair of these, and the top of the other one is done. Maybe I'll finish by Halloween? I sure didn't last year.

Maryn, slow worker

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So impressed!

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
That's incredible! It looks amazing :D

Lea123

Reliably forgetful
Registered
Reaction score
I neeeeeeeeeeed a quilt like that! It looks amazing.

Good luck with the hovering... Maybe invest in one of those gopro things all the cool kids have these days?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
The picture isn't great, because I have not yet mastered hovering near the ceiling, camera in hand. This is about five feet by six and a half, and all the Halloween-print fabrics have at least some glow-in-the-dark aspects.

dMmYdGum.jpg

You can't see that the pattern of the machine quilting is a spider web, but it is, and quite inexpertly done.

I'm making a pair of these, and the top of the other one is done. Maybe I'll finish by Halloween? I sure didn't last year.

Maryn, slow worker
You know what hovers near the ceiling? (aside from insects)? Those little mini-drones with the tiny cameras.
Low-tech alternative: wall hooks and a rod - hang it like at a quilt show, 'cause this baby needs to be shown off. So much work, and then there's another?
I love the idea of glow-in-the-dark aspects.
Go, you!

Nether

has been brought to a creepy mansion in a cemetery
Registered
Reaction score

NickyRainbow

Registered
Reaction score
That's so impressive! The prints work beautifully together. Lovely work.

Catriona Grace

Mind the thorns
Registered
Reaction score
Nice!

I worry about myself. I thought of drones, but imagined one capable of hoisting Maryn and her camera above the bed. One hoisting a camera alone didn't occur to me until I read Frimble3's comment above.

My project for the week is to finish the quilt made with logos from my son's fire department tee shirts. He gave me the tee shirts about this time last year. I got them backed and cut into squares last year. Finally bought the backing fabric last weekend. No one ever accused me of rushing projects along.

Reactions: Maryn

AZombie

Eibmoza
Registered
Reaction score
This looks nice even from this angle, I like your pattern combinations and colors. I see skeletons, bats, and are those little ghosts? I've been wanting to pick up quilting, but sewing machines scare me, lol.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are ghosts, two different bats, skeletons, skulls, jack o'lanterns, and a spooky cemetery. I'm so brave!

Sewing machines are easy enough that kids learn around age ten. You have to be really careless to hurt yourself or cause damage to what you're sewing, since stitches can be picked out. You move to my town and I'll teach you the basics. We'll start with making pillowcases, simple straight lines.

Maryn, who once stitched through her long fingernail, no harm done

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The sister quilt is still in the basement. I have what, two weeks until Halloween? I could do it in a day, but I'm critiquing a novella until my eye start pinwheeling.

Maryn, who buys quilt fabric much faster than she makes quilts

Reactions: MaeZe

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful quilt, Maryn!! I love the bats and ghosts.

I often thought about trying to learn quilting but I'm not sure if I have the patience. Maybe I should start with something small, like a quilt for my dolls.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really small has its own challenges, I bet. Consider something fairly small but not tiny, like one side of a pillow cover. You could buy fat quarters (slightly oversized quarter-yard pre-cut fabric sold at JoAnn and elsewhere) to get colors that please your eye.

Maryn, who jumped in with a big quilt first and regretted it

Reactions: Friendly Frog

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I did finish the companion quilt, but not before Halloween. Then I had a fresh problem with the program I used to resize, crop, and otherwise edit images, which only offers to print them ever since a Windows 11 update. (There's a fix, but it's so-o-o over my head!)

But I did find a way to resize the image of the two completed Halloween quilts used the most sensible way, to prepare bodies for disposal.

EpcIuA1.png