Greetings

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Imaginaryist

Registered
Reaction score
Well hello there, my am The Imaginaryist. I'm what you might call a late bloomer. I only say this as I am 59. I live in North America. I have a novel written, and am working on the rewrite as when I finished I found I had a different ending then I started with alot of points that needed addressing.
Please to meet you all and can't wait to get to work.

Reactions: Izz

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Imaginaryist, and congratulations on having written a novel!

What genre do you write in?

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

Never too late to start writing. Congrats on finishing your first draft, and best of luck on revisions.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Imaginaryist! It's great to meet you :D

It's never too late to bloom! And it's never too late to join AW, the best writing place out there, in my opinion. We have everything here you could possibly need to help you on your writing journey, from information on all things writing and publishing to a vibrant, helpful community to hang out with. The forums are overwhelming so can be overwhelming at first but if you take your time exploring you'll find your way around soon enough. One tip some find helpful is to bookmark the front page of the forums, meaning if you do get lost it only takes one click/tap to get back to the main street.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These resources will help acquaint you with the forum rules and the culture and etiquette of each space within.

You might find our Basic Writing Questions room a good spot to start exploring from, as well as our Novels subforum. Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Imaginaryist

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Imaginaryist! It's great to meet you :D

It's never too late to bloom! And it's never too late to join AW, the best writing place out there, in my opinion. We have everything here you could possibly need to help you on your writing journey, from information on all things writing and publishing to a vibrant, helpful community to hang out with. The forums are overwhelming so can be overwhelming at first but if you take your time exploring you'll find your way around soon enough. One tip some find helpful is to bookmark the front page of the forums, meaning if you do get lost it only takes one click/tap to get back to the main street.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These resources will help acquaint you with the forum rules and the culture and etiquette of each space within.

You might find our Basic Writing Questions room a good spot to start exploring from, as well as our Novels subforum. Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :)
Izz
I've heard I'm not half bad at lurking, which I think means... I'm half good? I think? It is all quite confusing and new. I do hope to find my way soon, as I'm not getting any young. 😁

Reactions: Izz

Imaginaryist

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.
All sounds good, and much most owner's manuals that are still in my posession and are still legible I do plan on reading the "Newbie's Guide" I really do. Unfortunately "Bragging" not one of my strong suits. Delighted to keep any and all interested informationed on any amazing progress I make, when ever progress occurs.

appositively

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Imaginaryist! A confusing fantastical sci-fi-ish mystery sounds wonderful! Editing is fun. It where you really find the shape of the thing you've made. Congrats on making it this far. See you around the forums.

Psychoclown

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on completing a novel. That's a huge step, one I yet to take myself. I hope the re-write/edit stage goes well for you.

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Confusing, Trying to do a Mystery, with elements of science fiction and fantasy. Okay, maybe not as confusing as I thought.
Ooooh, that sounds like a lovely combination that will appeal to a lot of readers. Kudos!

Who is the main character? And do they survive at the end? :)

Imaginaryist

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on completing a novel. That's a huge step, one I yet to take myself. I hope the re-write/edit stage goes well for you.
Thank you every so kindly and all the best of luck to you. Can't say I understand it as that big of an achievement as the rewrite is quite momentous, though it is nice to have story out of my brain. Ofcourse now I have to think about it even more as I try to make the beginning match the end and all the middle stuff make sense.

Imaginaryist

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, that sounds like a lovely combination that will appeal to a lot of readers. Kudos!

Who is the main character? And do they survive at the end? :)
Main character is a male human adult by the name of Dante Wrhyns (late name pronounced Rains). He does servive to the end as I have a dream of doing several book with him. The first few basic in major town in my state then moving around the state a bit to other locations.
I like Dante alot, but there are many characters who help him like Mercy General (a dragon who takes human for as mid age 5'3" Asian woman (pardon me if my terminology isn't politically correct there)), a 5' robotic police officer call many things through the story but ends up with the name Bob (he chose it not me) and a 1' tall fairy call Sparkles who is running a news stand and turning people into frogs when we meet her. Just to name a few.

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus