Greetings from the Caribbean!

Metaphy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm Metaphy and I'm pleased to have joined your community! I look forward to getting acquanited with you all, and growing as a writer.
I've only recently begun to start writing again after a long hiatus. Truth be told, I haven't done much creative writing since I left high school, 14 years ago. It was something that I had always enjoyed at the time and I want to reconnect with it. Apart of me hopes that one day I can become a published writer. However, for the short-term, I'm keen to just focus on writing and re-learning the craft. I have a lot of lost time to make up for haha. I'm interested in Fantasy and SF, as these are the genres that I enjoy reading the most.

Beyond reading and writing, I enjoy playing video games, watching films and TV shows, and listening to a wide range of music. I enjoy sports as well, predominantly Football (Manchester City supporter), boxing and MMA. I've recently gotten into scale modeling as well.

So that's a little about myself! It's nice to be here, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Metaphy! I won't ask how the weather is your way :) Glorious as always, I expect.

Hurrah, another F/SF fan. You'll find heaps of us here to talk to!

Reactions: Metaphy

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to AW, Metaphy! :D

Metaphy said:
I've recently gotten into scale modeling as well.

Just in general, or have you specialized in a certain type/series of models? :)

Norsebard

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Metaphy! It's great to meet you :)

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW has tons of information on the craft and business of writing, and a cool, diverse community to hang out with. Due to their sheer size, the forums can be overwhelming at first but if you take your time exploring you'll know your way around soon enough.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand the rules, etiquette, and culture of the forums and the various separate spaces within.

There's plenty to discover, so do explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :D
Izz

Metaphy

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome, all! Feels real good to be here! :D

Welcome, Metaphy! I won't ask how the weather is your way :) Glorious as always, I expect.

It is pretty good right now, I can't even lie haha. This is the best time of year in my opinion. It's nice and breezy, so it's comfortable for us locals but still warm enough for the visitors. :)

Just in general, or have you specialized in a certain type/series of models? :)

Just in general. Currently, all the kits in my stash are war planes. I've been working on a 1:72 Vought Corsair for a while now (which I hope to finish soon). I'll eventually try my hand at some Armour and Automobile kits down the line. Are you a model builder as well?

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
Metaphy said:
Are you a model builder as well?

I wish! Alas, I have ten thumbs, so...

I tried a few kits when I was a kid like most people (I distinctly remember doing a Messerschmitt 262 and a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress 'Memphis Belle' by Revell), but they always ended up as grotesque, over-glued, poorly-fitting parodies of the picture on the box! LOL

I love to look at what others have made, though.

Norsebard

Metaphy

Registered
Reaction score
I tried a few kits when I was a kid like most people (I distinctly remember doing a Messerschmitt 262 and a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress 'Memphis Belle' by Revell), but they always ended up as grotesque, over-glued, poorly-fitting parodies of the picture on the box! LOL

I know that feeling lol! I tried building an A-10 Warthog when I was a kid and it was atrocious! I've resolved to try building one again in the near future. Hopefully it will be a better outcome haha!

I love to look at what others have made, though.

I'll be sure to share my Corsair once it's finished! :)