• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

Game: How Well Do You Know Your MC?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Kindle was part of an experiment that messed up and now she can't sleep. So I'd say neither. Before the experiment I'd say she was a night owl.

Is your character an introvert or extrovert?

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
Is your character an introvert or extrovert?

Cat used to be an introvert before the accident. Now she is an extrovert. Or, at least, she's pretending to be, and if she keeps it up for long enough maybe that will make it true. Change is hard.

If your MC had a giant cardboard box (like fridge size or similar), what would they do with it? (build a fort, pack to move, crush it for recycling, make a puppet theatre, live in it in an alley, wonder why on Earth they have a giant box...)

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com
MC from 40,000 years ago: he wouldn't know what to make of a cardboard box, but he'd be utterly fascinated by it. He'd climb in and out of it for a while, then wonder if it'd be good to sleep in. He'd notice it's not waterproof but might put animal furs over it to see if that would help. Ultimately it wouldn't be good to live in as it's not fireproof. He'd do his very best to keep it dry and not let it burn, and probably keep things in it. Not sure how long he'd be able to have sole use of it as his people would be fascinated by it and, being hunter-gatherers, he'd be expected to share it. The kids would want to play with it and people would want to use it for keeping stuff in. It'd probably get worn out after not too long, but they'd keep it for posterity because no-one's seen the like of such a curious object before. Future generations might consider it to have some kind of spiritual significance (if it survived that long) and it'd live on in their stories for a great many generations.

Cloned Neandertal MC from 2055: He'd probably do something a bit crazy with it like see if he can use it to sled down the stairs. Or maybe try to make it into a go cart and cart down a steep hill in it. It'd probably be destroyed before too long, but he'd recycle what's left of it.

What advice would your MC give to their younger self?

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
What advice would your MC give to their younger self?

Cat would say there is more to life than grades. She would definitely say not to stress about it, although probably somewhat wistfully for when grades used to be enough to cause panic attacks. She wishes that was still her biggest stress.

Does your character keep things neat and tidy, or are they a messy slob, or somewhere in-between?

writergirl1994

Registered
Reaction score
Well, considering how well Taxes knows his brother, he's never considered Death as much of a threat.

What sort of disturbing things grace your MC's nightmares?
My MC has PTSD, and he has a lot of dreams about home invasions and sexual assault.

QUESTION: What movies scared your MC as a kid?

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com
Cat would say there is more to life than grades. She would definitely say not to stress about it, although probably somewhat wistfully for when grades used to be enough to cause panic attacks. She wishes that was still her biggest stress.

Does your character keep things neat and tidy, or are they a messy slob, or somewhere in-between?

Cloned Neandertal MC: He's somewhere in between. Not particularly tidy or particularly messy.

MC from 40,000 years ago; he doesn't have many things, but what he does have he keeps tidy and organised. He needs to know where his tools are and keep wood for the fire separate from wood for making arrows. He takes only what he needs from the environment, so there isn't surplus to be stored. Just the tools he needs for his daily life, which he takes good care of.

My MC has PTSD, and he has a lot of dreams about home invasions and sexual assault.

QUESTION: What movies scared your MC as a kid?
I think you accidentally replied to a post in on the first page not the most recent one, but I'll answer your question as well :D Double the fun!

Cloned Neandertal MC: this story is set in 2055, so the times he sneak-watched horror films and terrified himself, they'd be films that haven't come out yet. I expect that 2045 Dr Who would be just as scary for a 5 yr old as 1980 Dr Who was :D

MC from 40,000 years ago: obviously films didn't exist then but some of the elders told some scary stories around the fire. The one about the little boy who got lost in the woods and eaten by wolves was the scariest.

Who's had the biggest influence on your MC's life so far?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Kindle's parents. They taught her how to sow and medical practice which are two of the biggest things that make up who she is.

Does your MC have any kind of jewelry they wear?