• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Flying Pig Media (formerly Lindstrom Literary Management)

funidream

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on dealing with Kristin Lindstrom at the Lindstrom Literary Group?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
funidream said:
Anyone have any info on dealing with Kristin Lindstrom at the Lindstrom Literary Group?

I sent them a query a couple of months back - no reply yet.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I queried via email, got a request for a partial within two weeks, and received her rejection (with a handwritten note as to her reason) two weeks after that. Quite pleasant and professional.

rchastain

Registered
Reaction score
Kristin Lindstrom's page at Publishers Marketplace looks quite good--plenty of recent sales to major pubs and nice talk about working closely with writers, developing long term relationships as careers progress etc.

Never submitted to her agency but it seems completely legit.

RC

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, she's a keeper. :D

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a packet (query, writing sample, and synopsis) and she requested the full manuscript after a long delay (around two months). She is quite busy, and said it would take around two months, or slightly longer, for a response on the mansucript. I agree with others--she is a good one--so the wait is more than worth it (one way or the other).

bubbah4u

Kristin represented me in my efforts to find a publisher for my book (Confessions of a Crabgrass Cowboy). Alas, her efforts were unsuccessful, but she did forward me copies of all the letters she received from prospective publishers. While they had lots of nice things to say about the manuscript none included the words, "we would like to publish this author's book." She's personable, thorough, and professional. Being from Annapolis, I'm not sure how plugged in she is to the publishing world here in NYC where being an insider counts for alot. She is, however, the real deal and a very nice person to boot.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
bubbah4u said:
Being from Annapolis, I'm not sure how plugged in she is to the publishing world here in NYC where being an insider counts for alot. She is, however, the real deal and a very nice person to boot.

With technology the way it is, being in NYC doesn't mean much anymore; having the inside contacts (from either working at an agency as a junior agent or being an editor at a publishing house) and being familiar with the publishing world is.

Just check out Kristin Nelson (she's out of Denver) - she does a lot of her work via email and the telephone. But Kristin does fly to NYC on a regular basis, keeps up with editors switching jobs...that sort of thing.

Good luck to you!

~Nancy

JacksonMcGees

Registered
Reaction score
Kristin Lindstrom

How does everyone feel about her not being in New York?

Has anyone else here actually worked with her?

CaoPaux, are you a client?

bubbah4u, are you still with her for your next project?

Just curious because she seems like a perfect fit for something. Thanks!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Kristin just requested a full manuscript two days after receiving my query.

She said it could take "some weeks" before I hear from her and to let her know if I decide to sign with another agent while the ms is under her consideration.

No problemo. I got weeks. I got lots of weeks.

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but Ms. Lindstrom's guidelines for e-queries have me a little confused. For those of you who've e-queried her, did you paste three chapters & a synop into the body of the e-mail, or only send a query letter?

Her web site & PM page say to follow the same standards as snail queries, no unsolicited attachments; snail-guidelines are three/four chapters & a synopsis (obviously the SASE is a throw-away).

Thanks!
~C

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I think you could do either. If your query is good and she wants to read more it is easy enough for her to ask. Good luck.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered by this wording:

Note that because we do not charge reading fees, no editorial comments or direction can be given on rejected submissions.

That's from their submissions page. I'm sure she's legit and a nice person, but the ay this is put just makes me cringe. It almost sounds as if it's okay to charge reading fees as long as you give feedback, doesn't it? I mean, the charging of reading fees has nothing to do with getting actual feedback, right? I mean, I can understand not wanting people to write back asking for feedback, but still...why not just say "Please don't write back requesting feedback as we are unable to provide it?"

I don't know, this just bugged me and I wondered what other people thought.

ETA: My main concern is that someone new to the field might see this and think that if they wanted to receive feedback, the only way to do it would be to go to an agent who charged fees. And I think we can all see how that would be a really bad thing.

Last edited:

Author or Princess

Registered
Reaction score
wait time on a full

Kristin Lindstrom has had my full for almost 4 weeks. She said it would be "several weeks" for her to get back to me. Has anybody recently gotten the same response from her and can tell me how many weeks their "several" was?

I'd be thrilled for her to take me, and am trying to go with the "no news is good news" thing.

Thanks!

Author or Princess

Registered
Reaction score
I can answer my own question. About 5 weeks from sending full to getting an offer, which I accepted.