• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Flying Pig Media (formerly Lindstrom Literary Management)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

TherapistWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donnaglaser.biz
I received a request for a full the day after equery sent (6/16). She also sent a nice "got it" reply, which is so nice. Then, two days after I sent the full she sent a (WONDERFUL) note to tell me she was halfway through and enjoying the mss. and hopes to get back to me within a week. (WOW!) I will be cloud-dancing all weekend. What a class act!

malco

Registered
Reaction score
Unexpected response to full from Lindstrom Literary Group

I queried Lindstrom Literary Management in early March regarding my novel, Painted Horses. Two weeks later I got a request for the full. Two days ago (June 8) I received an apologetic reply from Kristin Lindstrom stating that for the past two months she's wrestled with getting out of the agenting biz altogether, due to the increasing difficulty of placing new authors with major publishers. She is instead launching a consulting business to shepherd novels into electronic self-publishing. Kind as her reply was, I wonder how much of a barometer it is when even the agents are giving up!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
One agent and her reasons are hardly a barometer of an entire industry. Plenty of agents are still taking on new clients, and new deals are being made regularly.

malco

Registered
Reaction score
My full is still out with two others, and I got an encouraging response rate from my first round of querying, so it's all good--just an odd thing to hear as opposed to yay or nay. I'm trying to find an agent with a sharp eye for western regional writing. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
She is but one agent, but she's not the only one struggling with traditional publishing models and experimenting with new ones. I believe we'll be seeing more of this.

malco

Registered
Reaction score
I e-mailed back to wish her well with her new venture. She seems very nice. I think you're right, kellion, as much as I hope to publish my novel (and future novels) in a traditional manner.

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Just visited the website and saw this notice:
Lindstrom Literary Management Is Now Flying Pig Media

Over the years, Lindstrom Literary Management has had the pleasure to help many fine writers get published. We also represented equally fine authors whose work we thought was good enough to publish but which we couldn't place. Today, technology has put professional quality print and ebooks within reach for authors committed to publishing their work. It is now possible to publish independently whether an author's goal is to reach a small circle of friends or a much wider audience.

So we are changing with the times, from a literary agency to publishing consultants under a new company, Flying Pig Media. At Flying Pig, we help authors at every stage of the independent publishing process, from concept development and craft/content editing to marketing the final product. Our new website is currently under construction, so you can find more detailed information here: http://www.lindstromliterary.com/About.html

So looks like not only Kristin but the entire agency is getting out of agenting.

Last edited:

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
I bookmarked this for future reference. I'd be interested in her marketing package, though I can't see really needing a press kit nowadays... But I'm also wondering how good the services will be.