• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Flannery Literary (Jennifer Flannery)

Lee Tasey

Also, there is another agent. Her name is Jennifer Flannery. I have a good feeling about this one, but I've heard there are a ton of scams out there, and I've never submitted a book to anyone before. I want to be safe and don't want to get cheated (as if we writers have money to waste).

Stace001

Re: Jennifer Flannery?

There are a number of sites you can go to to check their legitimacy. Preditors and Editors, www.agentresearch.com these are both free services to people who would like to find information on agents, current or potential. Good luck and remember, if in doubt, ask. The guys on this site and the ones mentioned above, are fabulous and they will give you the info you need to make an informed decision.

Risseybug

I queried Ms. Flannery earlier this year. My form rejection notice got back to me in about three weeks, I think.:lol
I am pretty sure she is legit. She was very nice. Wonder if I should query her again, now that my book has been accepted for publication?

I also found an interview with her somewhere. Google her name, see if you can find it, it will tell you what she looks for.

vstrauss

Ms. Flannery specializes in children's and YA books. Among others, she reps well-known YA writer Gary Paulsen. I'm not aware of any negative info.

- Victoria

Risseybug

Ah, yes, now I remember. That was the reason I queried her. I write YA fiction.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer Flannery Literary

No website, it seems.

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
I recently e-queried her about my YA and she sounded very excited about it, personally asking me to send a full ASAP. I never had an agent so enthusiastic about reading my work. I thought, at the very least, I'd get a personal rejection for my trouble.

Alas, two weeks later, I got a half-sheet form rejection.

Oh, well. At least I know my query is good.

LeefsBiggestFan

Registered
Reaction score
Info on Flannery and Q about exclusive...

Hi all - I'm a newbie to the forum. I just received a request from Flannery Lit for a full and I can't find much on them. Anyone lately (2008+) with any experience with the agency? I have a full out to The Creative Culture (they accept only a full in lieu of a query) and I'd marked it exclusive (which was optional). Now I'm wondering if I should withdraw the Creative submission, notify them that it's no longer exclusive, or wait the remaining 5 weeks (possibly) for their response before submitting to Flannery. Any thoughts...?

Thanks much!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I'd wait, since that could get complicated. Just drop a note to Flannery that the full's currently out on exclusive, and you'll forward it as soon as it expires (assuming you don't get an offer).

In the meantime, if you don't have other mss to distract you from the wait, give the current one Yet Another edit. ;)

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
She requested a full from me the first week of February and sent me a snail rejection three weeks later. On the back of the form rejection was a great handwritten note about why she rejected it. Very classy.

LeefsBiggestFan

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, CaoPaux. Good advice. And thanks for the input on your experience, Vandal. They appear to be a good agency.

Smoke14

Registered
Reaction score
Flannery Literary

I did send a query to Flannery literary in late January, and while I was rejected, they did get back to me in just two weeks. They seemed very professional, and I came away with no ill feeling about them.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Well, got a quick form letter rejection emailed to me just now. I didn't think we'd be the best fit, but it was still worth a shot. At least I can report that she is responding to queries and has a fast turnaround.
Bryan

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sent -- 9/8
Rejected -- 9/26

(Hey. I love the ones who let me know. And now I know they don't always read two seconds before I sent it. lol)

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted MG fantasy 6/27/22
Form rejection 7/7/2022