First attempt at Twitter fiction

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

EmotionalHygine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emotionalhygine.com
Phone, keys, wallet, check. Shirt is crisp and white. Day's spent in meeting rooms then dinner with the wife. What more could one dream of in this affluent day and age, than an opportunity to spend your hours working for a wage?

Definitely feels more poemy than true storytelling. It wouldn't fit in a Twitter post but I can nail it in so few words :cry::Shrug:

Or I could just remove the last sentance, far less dramatic though...

Phone, keys, wallet, check. Shirt is crisp and white. Day's spent in meeting rooms then dinner with the wife.

What more could one dream of in this affluent day and age, than an opportunity to spend your hours working for a wage?

SRS JUST REALISED I NOW HAVE TWO STORIES!:tongue

Last edited:

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Phone, keys, wallet, check. Shirt is crisp and white. Day's spent in meeting rooms then dinner with the wife. What more could one dream of in this affluent day and age, than an opportunity to spend your hours working for a wage?

Definitely feels more poemy than true storytelling. It wouldn't fit in a Twitter post but I can nail it in so few words :cry::Shrug:

Or I could just remove the last sentance, far less dramatic though...

Phone, keys, wallet, check. Shirt is crisp and white. Day's spent in meeting rooms then dinner with the wife.

What more could one dream of in this affluent day and age, than an opportunity to spend your hours working for a wage?

SRS JUST REALISED I NOW HAVE TWO STORIES!:tongue

Love the idea. You could cut some words and do some re-arranging to reduce your count. Eg Crisp white shirt. Days in meetings, dinner with wife. This would continue the list-like, life by rote feel of the piece too. There's lots of ways to pare down that last sentence.

No apostrophe in days as it's a plural, unless you mean 'day is'?

Phrenic

Registered
Reaction score
Cut down some more. Hopefully it's not taboo chopping up another person's art. This is only an example to give you ideas. Great piece whichever direction you go!

Phone, keys, wallet, check. Shirt, crisp and white. Days in meeting rooms, nights alone with wife.

What more opportunity in this affluent age? Other than lost dreams, working for a wage?

CaesarNaples

Collective intox
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting idea for a story to be told via tweets. Although I think it's a good idea to separate it into multiple posts. Twitter fiction often requires more room to tell a cogent story. It's still an accomplishment divided into 140 character blurbs.

I think this idea will add some value to my Twitter app on my phone. I've never been attracted to Twitter.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away