DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
It occurred to me that it might be worth trying this:

If PA doesn't follow through with legal action after sending those C&D letters, the victim ought to sue PA for harrassment and have PA enjoined from sending any others to the victim along with making PA pay a significant punitive award to the victim.

I actually think this has a chance because the victim in this case can obtain and show proof of previous misbehavior on PA's part such as the fake cops showing up at writers' homes, extortion letters to others, and so forth. In fact, this would deal a serious blow to PA because it would have to be in court. The negative publicity alone would cause many writers to be wary and stay away from PA.

CaptainK

Banned
Reaction score
Howdy everyone,

What twisty little passages our adventures can lead us through!

My wife is an aspiring novelist, and I was on the net searching for helpful resources for her. My quest led me to the Preditors & Editors site, where I learned about the lawsuit being discussed here. Seeking more info on the suit led me here. Though I know this is a very old thread, I got caught up in the details.

Also old news is that which I'm passing along here, only because I never saw it mentioned in this thread. Thought you all might be interested.

From http://gordonsimmons.com/Victor_E_Cretella_news.htm

Effective April 1, 2007, Victor Edward Cretella, III is no longer a full-time member of Gorgon & Simmons, LLC. After more than ten years with the firm, Victor has chosen to transition out of the full-time litigation and advocacy role he has served here, and has taken a position as general counsel for a client of Gordon & Simmons, LLC, Publish America, with whom Victor has had a long, positive relationship.

While Victor is no longer with the firm on a full-time basis, he will continue to be available to consult and work on cases through the firm on a more limited role. He will continue to be affiliated with the firm as “of counsel,” and he will still be involved in the handling of your case. Victor will be reachable through the firm, and you may continue to correspond with him directly through e-mail, which is [email protected]. Victor will work with the firm to ensure that this transition is accomplished as smoothly as possible, and that all cases he has participated in will be handled professionally by all concerned here at Gordon & Simmons, LLC.
Just thought I'd pass that along.

-- Captain

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
I think Dave's right, particularly given that Miranda Prather has a prior conviction for harassment.

I assume that would somehow be connected to the case where she filed false claims stating she had been harassed in college or something to that effect?

Anyway, Christine, your mistake was calling PA a "scam" We all know it's a "sham". And it's true, you can prove it. Remember, you can't even spell PublishAmerica without "shAm".

As for the comments about Miranda, Vic et al. being bullies, I figured that all along. These people are bottom-feeders. they've built their entire business around seedy, under-handed tactics. They know they aren't legit, and that's why they're harrassing Christine, because it's hardly a stretch for them.

But hey, this whole thing at least gives us even hurther proof that Miranda and company are in fact reading this forum.

Everybody wave to them.

:welcome: Hi Miranda. Huggles!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Ancient thread reanimated. Closing.

The particulars of the facts in this thread have changed immensely in the past months.

Status
Not open for further replies.