• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Felicia Eth Literary Representation

O hAnnrachainn

Registered
Reaction score
I believe she wants writers with credentials - previous publications, that sort of thing.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Don't play cards with a man named Doc, don't eat at a place called Mom's, and don't start a fight with a guy named Rocco.

Oh, do you mean 'Do you know anything about Felicia Eth, of Felicia Eth Literary Representation?'

Well, let's see:

http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=637

Also: http://www.fictionfactor.com/guests/firstagent.html

P&E says: Felicia Eth Literary Agency: $ A literary agency. (Felicia Eth: Literary, Adult) Contact at:
555 Bryant St., Suite 350
Palo Alto, CA 94301

Beyond what a quick Google tells me, I don't know anything about her.
"Felicia Eth Literary Representation is a one person independent agency run by Ms. Eth. A former agent in N.Y, at Writers House Inc., Ms. Eth opened her agency on the West Coast 10 years aago to provide a conduit for writers to N.Y. A small personalized agency Ms. Eth handles intelligent, provocative non-fiction and an occassional high quality novel. Right now Felicia is actively looking for strong non-fiction in areas of narrative non-fiction, travelogue, social, psychological or women's issues, or journalism. Some recent books of Ms. Eth's in these areas include SOCRATES CAFE/Chris Phillips (Norton), COFFEE, THE DRIVING FORCE OF HISTORY/Stewart Allen(Ballantine), HOOKED: Five Addicts Confront Our Rehab System/Lonny Shavelson(New Press), BABY CATCHER-My Amazing Life as a Midwife/Peggy Vincent(Scribner's)."

Please query by letter, feel free to include a synopsis and sample writing. Brief e-mail queries fine to [email protected].

Felicia Eth Literary Representation
555 Bryant Street
Suite 350
Palo Alto CA 94301-1700

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I'll advise that Ms. Eth's AQ page is woefully out of date (her most recent sale was Feb '09).

HumbleScribe

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
My experience was polite communication from start to finish.
She requested I email a partial after reading my query (for a historical fiction). A couple months after I sent the partial, I checked in.

I'm interpreting the following R she sent as a slightly customized variation of a generic. I'm still cogitating a range of possibilites why she's requesting partials on genres she only later mentions she's not really actually into (why not just reject it at the query stage for that reason, rather than having the author go to the bother of then subsequently following-up with a partial?). Course, it could be she's willing to rep a historical if she thinks it's an easy sell, and didn't regard mine as such after closer exam, etc.

I thought the pages I read were quite good, but honestly at the moment I'm not taking on much ficiton, and historical fiction is not a strength of mine, so I think that I will regrettably pass, but wish you better luck with one of those other agents.

Last edited:

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
hi all

Anyone have any recent experience with Ms. Eth? She responded to a query overnight and requested sample pages.

thanks!

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
She responded a couple days later with an "R" but was very pleasant.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
She asked for a partial and turned me down, quite nicely, all in the space of 24 hours, so I have to praise her speed and personableness. A couple of stories pop up about her on Google that suggest she really knows her stuff. So, despite her "No" to me, I'd recommend querying her if your ms. fits her profile.