• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

Famous Poets Press / Famous Poets Society

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this. My fourteen year old niece just got a letter from them for a poem she didn't submit (she thinks it may have been a teacher at school). We did some research and came up with a few hits but I'm glad I followed that link. I plan on passing it on to her.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site hasn't been updated since '08. Anyone been spammed by them recently?

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
Yup. They're still at it. A family member almost got sucked in. All the exclamation points about her great timing and being a semi-finalist in the Free Poetry Contest plus an order form on the back set my alarm bells ringing. And if that wasn't enough, the "acceptance letter" came from the "Poetry Editor" named Lavender Aurora. That sounds more like a name for a Star Trek character than a real person.