• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Evernight Publishing / Evernight Teen

DexyDoo

I typed "semen" how many times???
Registered
Reaction score
I've waited anywhere from two weeks to a month to receive edits. Don't worry, they'll come. And... What everyone else said. Easy to work with. Responsive to questions. Pay on time.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
I have never received an email from an editor either and I have several ROTGs with them. That's just not the way they work there. The edits come through the publisher's email address. I've never talked to an editor separately.

Good to know. Thanks! I know every publisher is probably different, and this is only my second time out with a publisher (as a writer; I used to work as an editor for a publisher, and we had a different system too). I'll try to stop biting my nails and focus on my current WIP while I wait.

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I've worked with several other publishers as a writer and Evernight is the only one who does it that way from the ones I work with, so it does take some getting used to for sure!

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Just received my first round of edits, and as someone mentioned in a previous post, the editor introduced herself in the first comment. Some wonky style rules (to my way of thinking, but every publisher is different, and I haven't worked as an editor in a while now so maybe I'm not up on my trends), but nothing horrendous so far. Then again, I've only done the first chapter! They've given me two weeks to get through it so . . . :whip:

NewJerseyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All, newbie here though I've lurked off and on for a few years. I just signed my contract with Evernight Teen! I've read great things about them so I'm looking forward to working with them. My release date is September 2016! My previous publisher took a year and a half to get my book out. What a difference!

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
Yes. They like to move fast so make sure you have a clear as possible schedule for your edits or you won't get them done.

Last edited:

StephLondon

Registered
Reaction score
Got an acceptance from Evernight yesterday for their New Adult line!!!! I'm so excited, but am going to wait a day or two before looking over the contract so my head is clear. Congrats, NewJerseyWriter!!!!!

NewJerseyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Same to you! I'm looking forward to getting my story out there! Best of luck to us both! I reviewed the contract and found it to be similar to my previous small press. Evernight just moves super fast in comparison!

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Congrats, NewJerseyWriter and StephLondon! I went through two rounds of edits (relatively painless, both rounds coming inside of a week, but since I am a full-time writer I was able to turn things around quickly on my end) and am waiting on my cover and official release date. Contract projected July, so . . . should be any day now?

StephLondon

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, NewJerseyWriter and StephLondon! I went through two rounds of edits (relatively painless, both rounds coming inside of a week, but since I am a full-time writer I was able to turn things around quickly on my end) and am waiting on my cover and official release date. Contract projected July, so . . . should be any day now?

Thank you!! Wow, that is QUICK. I hope it all continues smoothly for you!

NewJerseyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
What's it about? YA fantasy is my fave to read! Mine is a YA contemporary. I can't wait to see what they do about covers because I think they put out great covers!

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
What's it about? YA fantasy is my fave to read! Mine is a YA contemporary. I can't wait to see what they do about covers because I think they put out great covers!

The short answer is it's about a girl who can turn into a dragon. And she has a crush on her gay best friend. I'm eager to see the cover, practically gnawing my arm off in anticipation!

What about your book, NewJerseyWriter? What's it about?

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Has Evernight teen stopped sending their titles to print? One of their new books caught my eye, and I went on Amazon to try and order it as print, but couldn't?

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Has Evernight teen stopped sending their titles to print? One of their new books caught my eye, and I went on Amazon to try and order it as print, but couldn't?

I get notices on their Facebook page, and also their Twitter feed, when one of their titles go to print. I don't know about time between ebook and print, though, or whether every title is available in print.

StephLondon

Registered
Reaction score
How long does it usually take them to send the contract? They asked for my legal name yesterday and I sent it back asap, but still haven't gotten a contract. I know I'm just antsy, but I was wondering how long it will take?

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
How long does it usually take them to send the contract? They asked for my legal name yesterday and I sent it back asap, but still haven't gotten a contract. I know I'm just antsy, but I was wondering how long it will take?

I think the last one took 5 days for me? Which was slower than it had been previously. They told me it comes within a week when I inquired.

StephLondon

Registered
Reaction score
I think the last one took 5 days for me? Which was slower than it had been previously. They told me it comes within a week when I inquired.

Thank you!!! That makes me feel better. I've been surrounded by rejection for so long that it made me nervous. ☺️

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
I had a recent acceptance (M/M romance) from them. For comparisons, here's my timeline: emailed ms. and synopsis June 6; received an acceptance the following Monday; emailed my thanks and acceptance of their acceptance; received the contract for electronic signature and the blurb/cover sheet the following day; read and signed the contract; filled out the cover sheet over the weekend so I could take my time on the blurb; emailed that back this past Monday (the 27th). The contract said the book is tentatively scheduled for August release. I just checked and it's already listed on their "Coming Soon" page. I figure I'll get the edits in a week or two, or even three, if they're aiming for late August. The cover may be done sooner. Altogether we're talking roughly two months from submission to contract to edits to publication. That's fast!

The good news is, they're just as fast with a response if you have a problem or questions. I've never had any payment problems with them either.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
My contract came a couple days after my acceptance. But that was Evernight Teen, and I've noticed they maybe don't turn over as fast at Evernight? At least they don't update their site as regularly. They've had the same Coming Soon stuff up for a while and no mention of my book. *sob* (But seriously, they've mostly been lovely to work with.)

NewJerseyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I got the email from Evernight Teen to fill out the book cover sheet and was told I would get the contract within one week - it came the same day. They seem to move super fast. It looks like from the website that all YA books go to print. My contract states ebook and print. I am looking forward to getting my cover! I like their covers.