• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Evernight Publishing / Evernight Teen

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
That is their acceptance email. They won't send you edits or revisions until you sign the contract. That's been my experience with them. The acceptance email does not mean revisions will not be required later in the process.

Last edited:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That's their standard acceptance email.

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
That is their acceptance email. They won't send you edits or revisions until you sign the contract. That's been my experience with them. The acceptance email does not mean revisions will not be required later in the process.

Thanks! How did you like your experience with them?

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! How did you like your experience with them?

I have several Romance on the Go titles with them and my sales have always been good with those. I don't think they do in-depth editing (at least on the short stories) but I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

S.C. Wynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sc-wynne.com
That is their standard acceptance email. During edits if they want changes that's when it would be discussed. If they saw a need for major changes they would have mentioned that in this original email. I have several books with them.

Hi there,

Got a positive reply for a very short Romance of the Go today. Very happy but also a bit puzzled/suspicious, because the email is about two lines
("Thank you for your submission. We would be happy to publish your story at Evernight. If you accept, I'll email you a contract and cover sheet."). They are not asking for revisions or anything. Is that standard with them?

Thanks!

S.C. Wynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sc-wynne.com
They don't do really heavy edits. At least I've never had that with them, but they are a great company to work for. Organized and they pay on time. I've had some very nice royalty checks from them.

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
FWIW, I have several friends who have published multiple times with them. To a person, they all report good staff to work with, better than average covers, and timely and (apparently) accurate payment.

No red flags that I've heard of with them.

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for taking the time to answer :)
Will definitely keep you posted!

You rock :Thumbs:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I have written for Evernight since they opened. They have always paid on time like clockwork. Whenever I have had an issue about anything they have always been quick to reply to emails. They are a good publisher.

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
Signed yesterday :)
Waiting for the editor to contact me now. So excited!!! :hooray:

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Any new updates on the sales at Evernight Teen?

Anyone? I just got a contract offer. I replied yesterday to the acceptance email asking to see the contract--it seemed as though the reply went to the manuscript submission address, and I haven't gotten the contract yet.

Last edited:

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Signed a contract with them on 4/12. (60 days after submission, for those wondering about time.) Immediately received information from the marketing person, including a "Coming Soon" cover for my book and a badge for my website. Also invitations to join various Facebook groups. Still waiting to hear from an editor, but I'm guessing I'm in a queue somewhere . . . I did also receive and return a cover art document so (I'm guessing) they can begin work on the actual cover. For now I'm hopeful, though as the silence stretches I get more nervous that I've fallen through some cracks somewhere . . .

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
You will find that if you email them to ask any questions they are very quick to respond. I have published many times with them and have never had any major issues.

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Very easy to work with, very straightforward. They're very nice too. I've had two books with them so far, and one in the making (still waiting on the first round of edits, it'll be the first book of a series.) They sell really well and they're never late about payments. I've loved working with them with my books - especially when cover time comes around, they have such a good cover artist! :)

Would recommend them to anyone looking to write romance! :)

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement. I finally had to send a note today just to ask what was up since I hadn't heard anything since signing the contract. They told me my book is in editing and they'll send it to me when it's done. Just feels weird to me that an editor never got in touch to introduce him- or herself. But maybe that will come after the first round of edits.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement. I finally had to send a note today just to ask what was up since I hadn't heard anything since signing the contract. They told me my book is in editing and they'll send it to me when it's done. Just feels weird to me that an editor never got in touch to introduce him- or herself. But maybe that will come after the first round of edits.

IIRC, I never got an email from the editor themselves. All emails from Evernight came through the same e-mail account. The editor's "introduction" was the first comment in my rtf file in the first round of edits, sent through the general email account. I have two ROTGs (Romance on the Go) with them and only had light editing for both.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Are they accepting submissions right now? Last time I checked their website, there wasn't a submissions page for adult fiction, but I believe there was one for YA.

Been thinking about submitting to them.

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I have never received an email from an editor either and I have several ROTGs with them. That's just not the way they work there. The edits come through the publisher's email address. I've never talked to an editor separately.