• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ePub] Simon451

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I don't want somebody to roll their eyes and go 'Jeez, is she stoopid or what? Can't she see we don't mention sci-fi romance?' Having said that, I saw your post and just e-mailed them to ask whether I can submit. If and when they answer I'll report. I've e-mailed other publishers with submission questions in the past and never received an answer. :Shrug:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I've subbed with the novel that hooked me an agent. Should be good enough to rise above the slush no?

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, there is that. I forgot they are non-responders. I don't hold any hope they'll answer my question, so I may sub to them and see what happens. :Shrug:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I received a response! Maybe I should go on AW every time I send a question to a publisher 'cause the mojo, it be good. They accept Science Fiction with Romantic Elements under their "Other" category. Now, on to have a serious think. :)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
From what I have learned about the "Cooler," lots of publishers small and large do visit the Cooler. Makes sense if the publishers are doing searches to see what is being said out in the netherworld...

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I took le plunge

Indeed, Oldbrass. I decided to submit. My first experience using a 'submittable' form, and it was seamless. Afterwards, I stared at my screen. Was that it? No tearing my hair out with a query letter and agonising over a blurby hook? 250 syn and first 50 pages - and done.
On the other hand, a bit cold, no? How can I stumble over myself and appear inept without all those words to get wrong?

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just received a rejection, which seemed like a form rejection though it had the title of my manuscript in it. Then it invited me to sign up for their newsletter.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no, Anarchic. :Hug2:
I'm sorry to hear that, and I think it's a bit, dunno, 'off' to ask you to sign up to a newsletter. But maybe it's just me. Would you mind telling us your timeline? As in when you subbed and how long it took to get a response? Only if you'd like to share.
Once again, sorry about the R. I hope you find a good place for your story. Not sure if this helps, but it's nice to know that Simon451 do respond, even though rejection, as the website says we hear back within 2 months IF they want to read more.

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I submitted on Jan 18th.
Got the R minutes before my post.

I submitted through their Submittable form, so it's nice they send an email, rather than just logging in one day to Submittable and see "Rejected" in the list of things submitted through Submittable.

The word "Submittable" sounds funny now and has lost all meaning.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I second that it was quick! Jan 18 - 30th. Wow. At least they aren't leaving us hanging around, wondering about our mss for months. I hate that. :rant:

Thanks for sharing.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I've written to let them know I've received an offer on the book I submitted to them. I didn't tell them via "submittable" though. Colour me blind, but all I could see was the "withdraw" tab and I don't want to withdraw. I told them about the offer on their general enquiries e-mail. Hopefully, they'll respond.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
There's a way to add a "note" to the submission (it should be on the page you're directed to when you click to "view" your submission). These notes are visible to the place you are submitting to, so that might work as well to get their attention.

Also, congratulations on the offer!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm feeling a bit giddy about the offer!
As for SUBMITTABLE, when I go to the "View" page I see their e-mail to me and below, under "Note" the synopsis they ask for. It won't allow me to click in that box to change the info or add anything new. On my other SUBMITTABLE entry to a different publisher there's an empty box that says "Note" where I can to this. So, this is very frustrating. THanks for trying to help.
Edited to add: There's two tabs on that page: Activity and Summary. Is there supposed to be another tab maybe?

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody got advice for me?
UPDATE: One week ago I sent them an e-mail advising of the offer I received and so far have not had a response. Again, my Submittable page does not allow for sending notes, only a "withdraw" button. I don't know what to do. E-mail again? Use the Withdraw button to explain I've had an offer and risk them only seeing the "withdraw" notice? They only have the first three chapters if memory serves me right, so they'd have to ask to read the rest of the book etc etc etc. The info on Submittable hasn't changed from "received" so I'm thinking they haven't answered me because they aren't interested. When I asked a question about submissions on the same e-mail address, I received an answer in a few days so I'm pretty sure people read the e-mails sent to that address.
Off to write something... anything.

Edited to say: I have withdrawn my submission.

Last edited: