Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter and take it private

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Musk's dumbassery on transport and urbanism is expressly designed to make me stroke out, I swear. I mean the medical/neuroscience flim flam is aggravating enough if you know anything about those topics, but by God, in this household we respect trains.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Reactions: kinokonoronin

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah.

I think if we lose the WH in 2024, that's all she wrote for this country.
We lost the country in 2000 when the SCOTUS picked the president who didn't win. Now, they have the courts, the media, and half the population which is almost fully radicalized. And the Dems? Pelosi keeps telling us that we need the GOP, as they plunge the country into full on fascism. And, hopefully Musk's big mouth will keep plunging Twitter stock, so he over pays for it so much, it isn't worth it to him. But, alas, I no longer have any hope for this country or this world. You thought Nazi Germany was bad? Nazi USA will be worse. I feel bad for the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

In a world where money is the unit of bigosity, I’m a mosquito and Elon is a blue whale. So, he sure doesn’t GAF about me, or my pennies. But I was once seriously interested in someday owning a Tesla car. No more. I was once thinking that if we ever move, I’d look at houses without decent wired Internet if I could use Starlink. No more.

That MF’er will never get any of my puny little pennies.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Off-topic, but tangentially related in that this hilarious link was given on a comment on an Ars Technica article about Musk & Twitter. Someone suggested that unbanning TFG was good because deplatforming a country’s leader was a bad precedent.

A reply included this:
If that's the slippery slope I say it's not actually steep enough and needs more lube.
Please do follow the link. Worth it.

ETA: Trigger warning, gruesome child deaths in this entirely farcical “review”.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

In a world where money is the unit of bigosity, I’m a mosquito and Elon is a blue whale. So, he sure doesn’t GAF about me, or my pennies. But I was once seriously interested in someday owning a Tesla car. No more. I was once thinking that if we ever move, I’d look at houses without decent wired Internet if I could use Starlink. No more.

That MF’er will never get any of my puny little pennies.
Same, though TBH I decided Teslas were a bad deal a while back when they seemed to keep having recalls and other Issues. (IIRC, the first ones were solid vehicles, but more recently... not so much.)

And my pennies may be meaningless, but they're my pennies, and if I have any control over their destination whatsoever I can do my best to keep them out of certain monstrous whales' gullets, at least not directly from my hand...

ChaseJxyz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Elon "Elon chuckles. 'Oh, you mean the apartheid emeralds?' " Musk [hints that he might move Twitter HQ elsewhere, since being here "creates strong left bias"] which, okay. Any city that is going to have a button of tech workers is going to have a "strong left bias." As all cities do. That's kind of how cities work.

He is also busy with all of those companies of his that he tweeted out what [his build is in Elden Ring and, guess what? It also sucks and shows he has no idea what he's talking about.]

Funny how being the richest man in the world doesn't erase the fact that he is also the most maidenless man in the world, huh?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
🤔

I have no clue what he's really up to. All the credulous news people seem to think he might just be hoping to renegotiate for a cheaper deal (after he's been the one who tanked the stock). I still think this was never anything but a giant troll operation gone out of control, perpetrated by King Troll, a dude with WAY too much "money" and only one actual skill: being a flim-flam man.

..."money" which is halving before his eyes with the crypto crash. Taking crypto to buy a car that required standard money to build and requires standard money to service (in that buildings and employees and taxes have to be paid in dollars in the US), whew. Risky business.

Especially when it's going to cost standard money to keep fixing the glitches. Unless his programmers and lawyers and engineers are paid in crypto, I guess? 🤷‍♀️

Of course, it may all simply be leading to the worst-case scenario where he destabilized Twitter so much it can't survive no matter what/who/when. What a mess.

[lol, edited to replace the -o on crypt-o, even though I kinda liked accidentally calling it crypt currency.]

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He’ll walk away with $1B if the deal collapses. Not bad pay for being a troll, eh?

Reactions: SWest

ChaseJxyz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
He’ll walk away with $1B if the deal collapses. Not bad pay for being a troll, eh?
It depends on who calls it off. If HE calls it off (like if because there's too much spam) then HE has to pay Twitter $1 B. If Twitter calls it off, then I think he gets the $1 B. But considering the board went with this deal despite everyone who works at the company not wanting it, I don't see them backing out now.

I highly doubt Musk could kill Twitter short of him explicitly saying "I am shutting the company down." If Tumblr still exists despite all that, Twitter will survive this.

Reactions: Mutive

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I'm assuming that there will be negotiations for them mutually walking away at no cost. No one pays the billion, we agree the market made the sale untenable for both sides, blah blah blah.

Reactions: kinokonoronin

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
That airline scared the bejabbers out of me when I flew it the one time--I thought the plane was going to shake apart mid-flight over the North Sea--but dang, gotta hand it to their social media pro. 😅

Reactions: Helix