• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] East of the Web

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
This website lets you post your short stories online where you get your own page for exposure and lets readers rank them. It says it's free and that publishers and editors get on their and you might get picked up.

We do not require exclusive use of your submission - in fact, our comments system and author pages provide not only a focus for readers and reader feedback, but also a point for other publishers to contact you.

Just wondering what you think?

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
It says it's free and that publishers and editors get on their and you might get picked up.

I don't doubt some publishers do go on sites like that looking for authors.

Not any publishers I'd be interested in hearing from, but I have no doubt vanity publishers troll places like that looking for authors to approach to sell their services to.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
thanks, I'm just thinking. I can't find any sci-fi/fantasy mags at Bookstores except for Asimov, Real of Fantasy. Just wondering if all short stories are going to the web.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Asimov's
Realms of Fantasy
Fantasy and Science Fiction
Analog
Andromeda Spaceways....

There are 38 markets listed at Duotrope, if you limit it to open SF print publications with payments semi-pro and up.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on this market? They appear to offer good rates, but I'm not even sure if the market is outdated as there are no dates on anything.

It doesn't appear to me to be a display site like Wattpad, but rather a short story site that pays for short stories.

Last edited:

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Asimov's
Realms of Fantasy
Fantasy and Science Fiction
Analog
Andromeda Spaceways....

There are 38 markets listed at Duotrope, if you limit it to open SF print publications with payments semi-pro and up.
If you don't require print publication, Tor.com pays very competitive rates, and you get a nice illustration.