• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dagan Books (Carrie Cuinn)

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I would personally find not having edits by now for a book due out March 31st more troublesome than not having the contract mailed back.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Edits were never mentioned to me, so I assume that the work was either left as is or the edits were small enough that she did them herself. I can't think that this was pre-edit, given that the book is supposed to come out March 31.

I agree with eternalized...the lack of communication seems the bigger issue. Though, I probably would have assumed not being contacted about edits meant no to little edits done.

BillPatt

Banned
Reaction score
It does seem to be the consensus, though, that my email was insulting, whether I meant it that way or not. So I have sent Carrie an apology.

I might be in the wrong here....but since you posted the emails of the argument, you might want to post your apology as well.

KalenO

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofegoandmadness.blogspot.com
I would personally find not having edits by now for a book due out March 31st more troublesome than not having the contract mailed back.

As its a flash fiction piece, I wouldn't think there'd be much (if any) edits needed though. A polished 500 word (or thereabouts) piece submitted to an anthology call shouldn't require much in the way of edits, honestly.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
As its a flash fiction piece, I wouldn't think there'd be much (if any) edits needed though. A polished 500 word (or thereabouts) piece submitted to an anthology call shouldn't require much in the way of edits, honestly.

Didn't realize it was flash fiction...doubt 500 words would need a lot of editing if they intended to buy/publish it!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Book publishing on hiatus as of July '14. Magazine Lakeside Circus continues: http://lakesidecircus.com/

ETA: Lakeside closed June '16. No further activity for Dagan.

Last edited: