Currently Inked: What Pen and Ink are you currently using?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely, the first one is free.
:) Absolutely.

I bought a heap of cheap (couple dollars each) refillable fountain pens to take to work, since I don't want to risk losing my Lamy (let alone the vintage Wahls!). My students went gaga over them, so I started giving away the cheapies -- they get a pen, with ink colour of their choosing, when they give me a manuscript to edit. Boy, did that ever get their butts into chairs!

Totally off topic: does anyone know where entire threads disappear to? (Still finding my way around this new version of the forum!)

Reactions: AW Admin

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalmedievalist.com
:) Absolutely.

I bought a heap of cheap (couple dollars each) refillable fountain pens to take to work, since I don't want to risk losing my Lamy (let alone the vintage Wahls!). My students went gaga over them, so I started giving away the cheapies -- they get a pen, with ink colour of their choosing, when they give me a manuscript to edit. Boy, did that ever get their butts into chairs!

Totally off topic: does anyone know where entire threads disappear to? (Still finding my way around this new version of the forum!)
I can find things if you're having issues; If need be, I can directly search the database.

I'm contemplating installing a search engine that is even better than the one built into the software, but it isn't free.

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I typically have 3 to 5 fountain pens inked and in use at a time.

Right now, I'm using up ink in two before all the currently inked pens are cleaned, and I change the pen and ink rotation.

Thinking about putting one of my Pilot Namiki vanishing points back in.

Unimportant

Registered
Reaction score
I can find things if you're having issues; If need be, I can directly search the database.
Ah, it's not worth you wasting time on.

I used the search to look for the threads; used the 'posts by' users to look for the posts; and went to the subforum to look for the threads, but the entire conversations have disappeared. Perhaps the OP deleted the threads. They weren't life or death conversations, regardless.

cmhbob

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I used the search to look for the threads; used the 'posts by' users to look for the posts; and went to the subforum to look for the threads, but the entire conversations have disappeared. Perhaps the OP deleted the threads
I could be wrong, but I don't think a user can delete a thread once it's been replied to. And I assume AW Admin reindexed everything as part of the new install, but something may have glitched.

Unimportant

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, AW Admin has sorted it for me. As always, AW rocks. Boulders!

bleep

Registered
Reaction score
Alas, my fountain pen has died an ignoble death. I know, I know, you buy cheap, you get cheap, but still I mourn. Out of curiosity, is there anything in life where if you buy cheap, you don't get cheap?
I see this post was a few years ago, but if this helps anyone... I've got no complaints about the $20 Regal Alice. Sure, the finish on mine has chipped away after a few years, but it writes smoothly and reliably, and it has never clogged.

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm very fond of Pilot Iroshizuku inks. I'm slowly buying or trading for them, after trying samples. I'm hoping to buy Kon Peki next.

Last edited:

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yep, AW Admin has sorted it for me. As always, AW rocks. Boulders!
As I mentioned to you privately, when I can, I'll license one of the two highly recommended forum addons for better searching. I'm not thrilled with the built-in search.

Featured Book