Critique Please!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
This is a thread for you to ask if you would like our Suddenly critters to take a peek at any of your work - whether it's in SYW or another AW forum, or even on your own website.

So fire away! Don't be shy! :)

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
Hi Gang! I decided to take my first shot at some Sudden Fiction, but it came in a little too long for the Polished & Ready thread. I posted in SYW instead!

I was inspired by Bayou Bill's post on TheFirstLine.com magazine (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77136), so figured I'd give it a shot.

If you wouldn't mind, you can read it here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85036

I've got some feedback there already I'm taking into account, but I want to see how you, the flash experts, feel my take on the format is going so far.

Thanks for any help!

Gooch

islandwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I am being prompted for a password to read the posts...I tried my own, does not work. So how do I get to read these articles? Help, someone.

xsistor

Registered
Reaction score
"Anagenesis - Scientific Techno-thriller" Critique please!

Hi.. I posted a few excerpts of my work here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

I've been an enthusiast of palaeontology since I was a kid. I loved Jurassic Park because it gave a plausible (in fiction, at least) scientific basis for dinosaurs roaming the world, and so allowed for a compelling and intriguing story.

Since Jurassic Park I've been wondering how the next great dinosaur story would come about. Since nothing seemed to crop up I started developing my own ideas. (The British TV show 'Primeval' just doesn't cut it.) I think I have finally found the answer, and am writing a novel on that basis. However, for the concept of living dinosaurs to work there needs to be a strong scientific basis for it -- and the imagination has be equally good. This is what I hope to achieve in my novel.

Various areas such as biology, technology, engineering, mathematics and military technology will be thoroughly explored in my novel.

Anyway, now down to what I wrote. This is my first novel so I am in every sense a newbie. I have much to learn, and that is why I am here.
More than anything, I would appreciate a fresh set of eyes looking at my work and critiquing it.

If anyone can help me by reading my work and providing some insight, then please do.

I have the entire story in my head, and most of the work on it has been written down. I have also done all the major research for this book. Now, it's just about putting it down on the computer. So far, eight chapters have been written (Introduction, Prologue, Chapter 1 ... Chapter 6). I am currently writing the 9th chapter

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I posted a 995 word story yesterday in the Suddenly Fiction Polished and Ready section that could use some eyes. My major concern is whether it feels like a complete story. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome and appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving