Cover artists and designers seeking work

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Joshua, I actually checked out your covers last year, they are *really* good.

I don't know if AW has and art and design thread any more but the Self-Publication thread would find this an excellent resource - maybe the mods could move it in there? Or book promotion?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Joshua. First, please read and comply with our Image Size Guidelines. Second, I'm moving your post to the appropriate venue.

ETA: moved from BR&BC.

Last edited:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hi, Joshua. Welcome to Absolute Write.

I've changed your image for the moment to a link to the image and your site. I'm afraid it was considerably larger than our guidelines permit. On the whole, we ask that images be no larger than about 400 by 400 pixels.

Thank you.

BeeGraphica

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a professional graphic designer who specializes in book cover designs. I have been working with indie authors for 7 years.
Please feel free to check out my website: http://beegraphica.com/

I look forward to hearing from you :D

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
I do cover design too.
Prices are bairgain basement for now, as I just started out. Most of what I've done so far is romance-y, but I can do other genres as well.
Swing by my site if you're interested. Thanks! :)

http://anajphoenix.com/design/

cover4_zpsroumnxa2.png

Yonderworldly

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, awesome AW authors!

Yonderworldly Design offers book design services ranging from covers, interior layout and formatting, marketing graphics, and even author branding. I understand how hard it is to find time to write, so let me help you with all your book design needs so you can focus on writing and promoting your books! Custom full covers start at only USD 300, no extra fees for stock photos and revisions. We even have package deals and discounted add-ons to go with your cover. Please visit the website for samples and services.

If you're on a very tight budget, you can find beautiful premade covers for as low as $60 at our shop Yonderworldly Covers. It's fairly new, but we post new covers fortnightly, so be sure to check back regularly or like my Facebook page for updates. You can get add-on graphics to go with any Yonderworldly cover, custom or premade.

Hope you like what you see! If you'd like to work with me on your cover, just shoot me an email or book a spot directly through our form.

Looking forward to working with you! :)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hello and welcome to Absolute Write, theuglytree.

I'm afraid your mock-up book images are too large for the forum guidelines. Please reduce them in size to meet the requirements.

Also, I can't help but notice that the image on the mock-up of The Fellowship of the Ring is Ted Nasmith's painting of the Pillars of the Kings, a copyrighted image. Have you got the rights to use it?

ETA: 24 hours, no reply. Have changed images to links.

Last edited:

Michael Rea

Registered
Reaction score
Michael Rea Illustration

Hello,

My name is Michael Rea, I'm a professional illustrator from the UK with a degree in Illustration. I recently appeared in the New Talent Showcase in Mark Millar's 'Jupiter's Legacy' (published by Image Comics), and produced the book cover and logo for the steampunk series 'The Wonder' by James Devo (published by M-Y Books).

I'm currently on the lookout for my next project and would appreciate it if you could look over my samples below. My day job is graphic design and I would also be interested in creating layouts with stock photography if required, and also formatting the book as a whole.

All of these cover images (aside from 'The Wonder') are available for purchase at £100 each, or I can be commissioned to create new pieces (rates below):

Black & white drawing (cover): £120
Digital painting (cover): £180
Traditional media painting (watercolour / gouache / acrylics) (cover): £250
Logo design: £75 for single use

If you'd like a cover that stands out from the crowd, please get in touch.

Michael
www.michaelreaillustration.com
https://www.instagram.com/michaelprea

JoeSlucher

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently available and looking for cover work. I'm happy to work in any genre but prefer fantasy and sci-fi. My portfolio can be found at joeslucher.com .
Here are some thumbnails of my work (larger versions on my site).
stormdancer_alternate_by_joeslucher-da35x8z.jpg

patreon_piece_cthaeh_by_joeslucher-d8hnh2x.jpg

twilight_of_the_gods_cover_by_joeslucher-d9kwxb0.jpg

The best way to contact me is through slucherj(at)yahoo.com.

JamieJ

Registered
Reaction score
All around Drawing Artist
I am a drawing artist live and work in Boston MA. I can help you boost your appeal to audiences/consumers by creating high quality front cover or chapter illustrations for your work.

In addition to use a stock photo for your cover, I can hand draw your cover based on your description of the story; you are also welcome to supply me a few sample pictures and I can refer to them and hand draw a custom picture for your usage.

Drawing method: Pencil (black & white); digital painting/Illustration

Finished work: can go up to very high definition (default: 1600*2400 & 300 dpi) and deliver in any kind of photo format

Style: Realism, comic, 2D Animation

Pricing: I am an independent artist and my rate is below market rate, you can typically get a custom cover at close to a premade cover price

I care about your project. I'm thorough about instructions, I am easy to communicate with; I respond quickly and I'm easily accessible.

https://www.mybard.com/services/cover-design
[email protected]

brujerizmo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Ricky Gunawan and i'm a book cover, illustration and sequential artist from Indonesia. I've done several book cover with multiple genre and art style also right now i'm available for commision. If anyone interested making some original book cover art or maybe just discuss or ask some advice about your book cover, feel free to contact me and i will try my best to make it happen :)

My portfolio : http://goweliang.deviantart.com

My contact : [email protected]

gtbun

Professional Book Designer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
geoffreybunting.co.uk
Professional book designer happy to take on low-budget work and engage in informal discussions

I'm Geoffrey, I'm a professional book designer. Past clients include National Geographic, Harper Collins, and Pearson. I'm here to mostly look around the self-publishing community and perhaps give some advice on design of book and covers, as my premiums for book design might be high for most self-publishers. This is not to say, however, that I'm not willing to take on low-budget work (I tend to have a couple of low-budget jobs going at any one time, at this very moment I have none) or not willing to chat about people's budgets, so feel free to get in contact for an informal chat - either here or through my website - and I'll be happy to help however I can as I don't necessarily believe that a low-budget should preclude having good work. Though I don't do pre-made covers.

You can look at my site for more information on me and my work, and to look at what amounts to an at-a-glance portfolio. Or you can look at a couple of recent covers below.

tumblr_obfm3pB7061rnrg56o1_250.jpg
tumblr_obfm3pB7061rnrg56o2_250.jpg
tumblr_obfm3pB7061rnrg56o3_250.jpg

Good to be here,

Geoffrey.

Last edited:

LilithX

Registered
Reaction score
Book Cover Designs by Alana

My name is Alana and I enjoy designing simple book covers. Please take a look at my past work and see if you think I am a good fit. My covers usually run from $25-$75 depending on the complexity and if images are included.

Kivandrohex

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for 3D book artist?

Hello everyone, I am starting a freelance business to make book cover art.
I hope you like my art, my most recent one is attached here.
I need to get money to publish my book, so personal message me. I ask 50$ upward for book art.
I read the rules, and did not see any fault in advertising.
Thank you.
My nickname is Ladybaneheart.

fwlk07.png

http://devineshade.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

FantasiaFrogDesigns

Fantasia frog Designs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fantasiafrogdesigns.wordpress.com
Hi, I'm Tara at Fantasia Frog Designs. I've been a member here for awhile but I have been globally absent on forums lately. It's nice to be back and try to catch up.

Recently I have started a newsletter to notify interested parties as to when I hold premade book cover sales. If you are interested please PM me here and I'll add you to the list. Also, if you have any ideas toward what type/theme of premade cover you would like to see on my site, I'm more than happy to try to create something along those lines.

My site is located here http://fantasiafrogdesigns.wordpress.com

My next premade book cover sale will be November 1st, 2016. Just in time for NanoWrimo.
My prices range from $25-$70 for premade covers (covers that are below $25.00 aren't subject to the sale price)

ffd-premades-header-june.jpg
ffd-premades-header-p-400x150.jpg
ffd-premades-header-b-400x150.jpg

Last edited:

PeculiarPerspective

Registered
Reaction score
Affordable Cover (and other) Design Services!

Peculiar Perspective Design offers affordable pre-made and custom designed book covers, promotional and marketing material design and interior formatting and design for self published authors.

You can't go wrong with a cover artist who has been in the publishing business for over ten years. We have your book's best interest at heart and will work with you to give you the design of your dreams at an affordable cost. Our premade covers start at $65 and our Package Services for design run from $100 to $450. Custom orders are quoted after a discussion but I will always try to work within your budget because every author deserves a great designer!

Head on over and check out our portfolio Peculiar Persepective Design . Sign up for our Newsletter if you want to be notified early of sales!

a58c8c_2d52d90c01ab4d16aa6cf7f53b08bee4~mv2.jpg

justaddgigi

Registered
Reaction score
Miss Match Media

Hello, everyone! My name is Gigi Kiersten, and I'm the owner of 'Miss Match Media'. I primarily make book covers for self-published and independent authors who write books in the women's fiction and romance genres. Our specialty is working with stock models, and photo manipulation.

Premades Book Covers start at $50
Custom Book Covers start at $100

You can buy my premade book covers at my shop: http://missmatchmedia.com/shop
And you can take a look at my portfolio at: http://missmatchmedia.com
Or you can request at custom premade book cover by contact me at: [email protected]

12f67e5cf3.jpg

dvanoss

Registered
Reaction score
Premade and Custom Ebook and Print Covers from Covermint

Hi, I'm Dan, head designer at CoverMint! We offer quality, high-resolution pre-made and custom ebook covers as well as full ebook and print packages for many different genres.

Pre-Made ebook covers: $69
Select from multiple genres. After a cover is sold it is removed from the site.

Custom ebook covers: $199
Custom designed to your specifications.

Custom ebook and print cover package: $249

Your project will get exclusive attention. (Can’t help it; I'm a detail addict.) We won’t stop until every last flare, grunge and text tweak in your design is perfect, whether it’s a pre-made cover or full custom package.

Check out our site at http://www.covermint.design for more samples and more info. Thanks!

Last edited:

mediamst

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am building a portfolio of book covers for sale. I have been selling mostly e-book covers by request but recently started to design some pre-mades. I can keep the cost very low for them. I have provided the link to my online store below. If you would like something custom, let me know and I quote a price. Click on the images to view the whole cover.

Book Cover Design

Last edited:

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your link goes to a login page.

Hey all,

I am building a portfolio of book covers for sale. I have been selling mostly e-book covers by request but recently started to design some pre-mades. I can keep the cost very low for them. I have provided the link to my online store below. If you would like something custom, let me know and I quote a price. Click on the images to view the whole cover.

Book Cover Design

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
The covers displayed on the linked page are chopped off. Was that done purposely?

leversandpulleys

Thick Fish; Learning About New skin
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Artist looking for titles in need of cover art/illustration

Hey all,

Artist and illustrator here, looking to work to produce custom drawings or paintings for smaller houses or independent authors ready for publishing. I have lots of existing work that is project-ready as well--I'm particularly interested in seeing older pieces put to good use. I can do the entire cover (layout, type, print-ready files) if that is needed or desired, but I'm primarily an artist and perfectly happy to work with a designer if you already have someone in mind.

Examples of my illustration work can be found at http://www.craighoughton.com/featured-work/

Here are a few hasty mockups showing how some of my existing drawings and paintings lend themselves to cover work:
25RopH8.jpg

(much larger version here)

And, if one is concerned about pricing, please don't hesitate to contact me, as I'm far more interest in matching my work up with the right project than I am in the budget. If it's not a custom piece (i.e. something unpublished that I already have made), the project is definitely going live soon, and I feel it's a good match, I may even be able to provide it gratis. Just ask! For older stuff most likely to be available with minimal charge, try my deviant art page instead of the main portfolio site.

Thanks for looking!
Craig Houghton

[email protected]
http://www.craighoughton.com