Couple covers I've started making

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
So, based on the feedback here and elsewhere, and due to the cover artist saying I shouldn't use his layers in any cover I make on my own (the third cover above), I've tweaked the second version, which most of you preferred over the first version. I think this is the final version, although I do plan to rotate through various covers and blurbs over time. Data data data. Yum yum yum.

But this one is the official cover to start with.

Reactions: Introversion

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
I like the last one best. Just a reader's point of view but if I saw this one on a bookshelf it would draw me in. The two suns stand out well so I know I'm not in Kansas anymore. The others have rather a busy graphic on the bottom. Art usually stands out better when it's simpler.

• Love
Reactions: Woollybear

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Mr(s). Gate.

After sleeping for a few nights on it, I think I need to play with the kerning a tad bit more and the L. in the author name needs work. But this is minutiae! :) I can't tell you how happy I am to have my own double-suns drawn as my own layer that I can use without worrying about licensing. I am also exceedingly pleased to have discovered the spotlight feature on CorelPainter.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving