• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Contest] Less Than 100 Words

Paul44

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

New writing competition where you need to write a story in less than 100 words! Cash prizes coming in the near future.

Enter now for free if you are up to the challenge,

http://Www.lessthan100words.com

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
The site is full of punctuation and grammar errors (just look at the domain name), and the rules given don't specify rights or reversion. I'd avoid.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
What's wrong with the domain name, other than the capital W?

The website wasn't flawless, but it wasn't riddled with errors.

TuckerMcCallahan

Insufferable Know-It-All
Registered
Reaction score
RUN, RUN AWAY!

What's wrong with the domain name, other than the capital W?

The website wasn't flawless, but it wasn't riddled with errors.

What concerned me most about this "Less Than 100 Words" contest was the fine print... They're actually an offshoot of another site called firstwriter.com and after ten minutes on that site my blood ran cold.

Any site that wants to bill me to create an account ($4.49), then bill me again to upgrade that account ($39.99), then bill me again to maintain that account($39.99), and then bill me some more if I actually use any of their products or services (no quotes given for editing, formatting or publishing), and oh hey, did I mention they'll bill me a little more if I change my email address and forget to tell them (non-notification fee, $75), and oh wait - they'll bill me more again for disputed payments ($45 fee) or late payments ($15 fee).

AND NO REFUNDS.

No thanks on their contest, which if you win gives you a voucher that's worth $15 to use toward a subscription on firstwriter.com.

Tux, sprinting in the opposite direction

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
What concerned me most about this "Less Than 100 Words" contest was the fine print... They're actually an offshoot of another site called firstwriter.com and after ten minutes on that site my blood ran cold.

Any site that wants to bill me to create an account ($4.49), then bill me again to upgrade that account ($39.99), then bill me again to maintain that account($39.99), and then bill me some more if I actually use any of their products or services (no quotes given for editing, formatting or publishing), and oh hey, did I mention they'll bill me a little more if I change my email address and forget to tell them (non-notification fee, $75), and oh wait - they'll bill me more again for disputed payments ($45 fee) or late payments ($15 fee).

AND NO REFUNDS.

No thanks on their contest, which if you win gives you a voucher that's worth $15 to use toward a subscription on firstwriter.com.

Ah, that is different than saying it was full of grammatical errors, as mentioned above. This is alarming information. Yikes. (I didn't read the fine print, mainly because I had no intention of entering :p )

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I think the Old Hack is concerned about "Less than 100" vs. "Fewer than 100."
My guess as well.

AND NO REFUNDS.

Run away, indeed

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Run away FAST. That's my advice.
Clearly you have not seen me run. I shall instead lumber away at a pace approaching scuttle. (Scurry is beyond me.)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, you and I shall lumber away together. It's far more dignified than scurrying.