• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content site] Triond

Begbie

Quite a character
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Triond (triond.com)?? Are they legit?? Is the pay fair??

Thanks.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Boy, everything old is new again! This is a new version of an old scheme (old in Internet terms--it dates back to 1999 or so) whereby "content providers" can publish articles online and are paid by ad click revenue. The biggest of these original ad click websites (I can't remember its name--Jim?) went bust in 2000, I think, having reduced its payment schedules several times. Even at the highest rate of pay, writers earned a pittance.

- Victoria

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Themestream dried up in 2001. Mightywords.com lost its strength in 2002. Before that I think there was something called vine.com, but I'm not sure ... I'd have to check the archives over at sff.net.

The pay-per-click article market is yet another Brilliant Idea that doesn't work in the lab. People keep reinventing it, though, as something fresh, new, and never-before-tried.

jimmysdevoted

Registered
Reaction score
i wrote for themestream

Iloved them. they paid and on time too.
I was sorry to see them go byby. I bet if they came back now they would do well.
I am not to happy with the other article sites,, you loose too much writers copyright on some of them.

hotboss

Registered
Reaction score
Not so fast

I don't know anything about Triond. But I can tell you HubPages will be around for a long time. HubPages.com is extremely profitable and their owners/ CEO's are millionaires.
Yes, some of these sites closed. Some have been around for a long time such as Squidoo, Associated Content and others.
I know a few people who make very decent cash on some of these sites. Also, these sites are good for promoting your business, product, service or even yourself. So even if you don't make money directly, you can generate a lot of traffic to your personal sites.
It all depends on your skills, abilities and what you plan to accomplish. Publishing a book is a huge risk as well. Many people go bankrupt paying to self-publish or spend many years trying to find a publisher only to fail.
I've heard negative feedback about Triond. I think you will be better off on HubPages. HubPages and Squidoo are free to join.
Also, on HubPages you retain full rights to your content and control the amount and types of advertising.