• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content provider] Textbroker International, LLC

Madhack

Interloper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sexsceneswithmonsters.wordpress.com
The site doesn't charge upfront fees, but it is a 'writer mill' where members register for the right to view non-fiction writing gigs. I found an ad on Craigslist where they were really insistent that they weren't a scam. (Begging the question always makes me nervous.) Has anyone heard or worked with this site?

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
This thread might better belong in the freelance writing section.

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
They do pay, but the prices for articles are really low. It may be good to start out there so you have something to put on a resume, but there are places out there that pay better.

I occasionally pick up a few assignments there when I need the money, but again there are higher paying choices out there.

ClarissaJohal

Don't talk to me while I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.clarissajohal.com
Textbroker

Authors--PLEASE do not send in your driver's license ID photo to this company when applying. They ask for two photos to "verify" it's you (you holding your driver's, and then one of your driver's license alone). After much hesitation, I sent in mine, with the number blotted out. It's been 26 days with not a word back from Textbroker. When I tried to contact them, I got a form email response. I tried again via Facebook and it was the same. God only knows where my driver's license photos ended up but I'm in the process of reporting this company for possible fraud.
That said, has ANYONE experience with this company?

Last edited:

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
They are legit and this is normal. Their communication is not always on time though ;) And frankly, I don't think the peanuts they pay is worth anybody's time.

ClarissaJohal

Don't talk to me while I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.clarissajohal.com
Communication is awful, especially when the concern is over this particular issue. You'd think they'd want to clear the air instead of ignoring a potential employee. I can see my IM has been read. Thanks for chipping in, Curlz. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be working for them!