• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Clarence-Christian Agency

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

starbuck63

Anybody know anything about this agency?

They have a link on their website to The Screenplay Agency (which is to be avoided) but I can't tell if that's because of their web-host and not endorsed by them at all (see also discussion on Hart Literary Agency for similar problem).

Thanks in advance for your help.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
VPX
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
They have a freebie page from Tripod (with one of the ugliest/most unreadable color combinations I've seen in years). The links to The Screenplay Agency are from Google Ads.

Are they by any chance WGA(W) members who just happen to have a particularly cheesy webpage?

starbuck63

And Another thing

I notice that the agency posts the loglines of their represented scripts on their website.

I don't know about you but this strikes me as distinctly amateurish for an agency. Either they have the contacts to promote your work or they don't. Who do they think they'll attract?

There are many other websites that post loglines and are well known for it. Inktip in particular has a reputable clientelle of producers.

It's one thing to use these sites to promote one's work (and that's fair enough) but quite another for your agent to do it.

Am I being too harsh?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Aaand it's gone. No further activity.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving