• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Circle of Poets / Circle of Photographers

Thekherham

The Alien Writer
Registered
Reaction score
5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan
What's with these people?

I sent in this... ahem, poem, because I suspected it would be like the other poetry web site that accepts any poem you sent in. As you can see below they really like my... po... well, whatever it is.

Dear xxxxxxx

We have chosen to publish your poem in the 2005 edition of Poetry vibes. Your poem was selected out of 7245 entries. Your work below was appreciated for the images and mood evocated throughout:

Woe is me
Oh woe is me I shall kill myself I no good You no good I kill you too. We kill each other ha ha ha I love my mommy Wakka wakka akka bakka Wa wa wa wa I hereby certify That I will not die I've written a poem I'm from Nome And I love apple pie.

Are they kidding???

Anaparenna

Just Another Exquisite Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.conjurewords.com
Who are they? Did I miss the name somewhere?

Honestly, I think the "wakka wakka" alone evokes a loss of pre-generation X childhood, a veritable plea for rusty Studebakers, green frogs with banjos, and motherhood. I applaud you for an evocative work of surreal nonsense. You not no good. You sad good with muppetry symbolism and mother. :)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thunder-stealer! I had my cat send in a poem about ceramic worms to this same outfit a couple of months ago. Story's in my next book. ;)

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Another poetry scam...

Thekherham said:
What's with these people? I love my mommy Wakka wakka akka bakka Wa wa wa wa I hereby certify That I will not die I've written a poem I'm from Nome And I love apple pie.QUOTE]

You put 'em to the test, I see. Nice discovery!:Trophy:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm sorry, but I don't get it. I thought your poem was both poignant and evocative. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I mean, I need a tissue. It struck cords in me that I did not know I had. I am touched. I feel the need to sit on a divan for the rest of the day with a box of tissues and ponder your poem...simply ponder it. It was so filled with imagery and imagination. You should wear this acceptance like a badge of honour. You, my friend, are a true poet. Not one of these Byron wannabes that throw caution to the wind every time they sit and ponder a tree. No, you are the real deal. You make me weep with your insights. Be proud of the stunning brilliance you tapped into with this masterpiece. And celebrate your acceptance!

Thekherham

The Alien Writer
Registered
Reaction score
5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan
KTC said:
I'm sorry, but I don't get it. I thought your poem was both poignant and evocative. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I mean, I need a tissue. It struck cords in me that I did not know I had. I am touched. I feel the need to sit on a divan for the rest of the day with a box of tissues and ponder your poem...simply ponder it. It was so filled with imagery and imagination. You should wear this acceptance like a badge of honour. You, my friend, are a true poet. Not one of these Byron wannabes that throw caution to the wind every time they sit and ponder a tree. No, you are the real deal. You make me weep with your insights. Be proud of the stunning brilliance you tapped into with this masterpiece. And celebrate your acceptance!

Wow, you liked it, you Really Liked It?? In that case I should be able to churn out a hundred or so poems a day. I can just see it now: Next year I'll bring out a book of my poetry, The Complete Poems of Thekherham... So Far Volume I of many.
This poetry writing sure is easy.

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
This poetry writing sure is easy.
SSSHHHH you know the secret. The elite poets want you think it takes years to craft one poem! That it takes muse and talent. Don't let the secret out or the secret Poet Cabal will be plotting your demise. :tongue

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
A poem worthy of a PA anthology

Thekherham, the poem resonates all kinds of, well, stuff. I see it as the opening poem in a PA collection, possibly titled, "The Wakka Wakka Depths of My Soul's Deepest Expression in the Life I've Survived to Give You Hope and Joyful Emotions of Akka Bakka From My Viewpoint: Vol. I."

On another note, my mixed retriever is still depressed over poetry.com's removal of his "semi-finalist" poem from their web site a few months ago. What was wrong with his doggerel?

PVish

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
PVish said:
"The Wakka Wakka Depths of My Soul's Deepest Expression in the Life I've Survived to Give You Hope and Joyful Emotions of Akka Bakka From My Viewpoint: Vol. I."

:idea:

I think you should consider moving to Walla Walla, Wa too. Hold a contest... The Walla Walla Wakka Wakka Akka Bakka Competition.

:)

Torin

Wandering vaguely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cebarrett.com
We have chosen to publish your poem in the 2005 edition of Poetry vibes. Your poem was selected out of 7245 entries. Your work below was appreciated for the images and mood evocated throughout:

I kinda like "evocated" as a new and exciting verb to compilate in my listification of vocabularity. :)

Torin

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
This Circle has closed...as has sister site Circle of Photographers.