Christmas Short Story $50

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a reason why we have to email you for more info? Because with scant guidelines that you have now, makes it a necessity to get more info. But that's an inconvenience to the writer and not sure I'd want to bother.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MOD NOTE

Please post requirements in thread.

all4you33

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writerswhorock.com
We are looking for short stories with Christmas and what it represents as a theme, i.e. family, memories, giving, grief, unfulfilled expectations, cold weather, anticipating the New Year. We are mostly looking for fiction, however if you have a compelling first person, true life story to tell, please send it along.
The story can be humorous, romantic (R-rated okay) religious, satire, with characters that are spirits, ghosts, angels, Christ-like figures, the faithful, and nonbelievers (no zombies or vampires, please).
For example, you can tell a story about Christmas from an atheist’s point of view or from a very, very old person’s perspective. The most celebrated example of a Christmas tale is Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” but to the other extreme the movie “Home Alone” also featured Christmas in all its hilarity. Our rule of thumb is the story doesn’t have to be realistic, but it has to be believable and relatable.
Story must have a beginning, middle and an ending and the main character or characters must undergo a transformation of some sort, even if the change comes in the form of an epiphany. Story should be no more than 2000 words. Email it to [email protected]. We pay $50 upon acceptance via PayPal.

Featured Book