• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Carol Susan Roth Literary & Creative / Author's Best

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I already saw her website. That's why I was asking if anyone had any experience with her.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
IMO, the emphasis on marketing/PR makes her more of a packager than a literary agent. She has a good number of books "developed & sold", though, so she knows the business.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
IMO, the emphasis on marketing/PR makes her more of a packager than a literary agent. She has a good number of books "developed & sold", though, so she knows the business.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly does a "packager" do?

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
According to the AbsoluteWrite article to which edgyllama directed me, a packager would not be a good choice as an agent. The article states, "Aside from a few exceptions, authors get paid a flat rate upon acceptance of the manuscript, and then they’re out of the picture. Also, many packagers won’t list your name as the author . . . Finally, this is usually a work-for-hire deal, which means the publisher owns all rights in perpetuity."

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe a packager is a good choice for someone who writes a Nancy Drew book, but not for someone who writes a 180,000-word, narrative, nonfiction manuscript exposing deep-rooted corruption in the government and CIA.

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
Carol Susan Roth Literary Agency

Carol Roth died this past 2/2010 and the agency is not accepting any proposals. Can someone update P& E with this information?

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving