Camp Nano 2021?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

SomethingUnique

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else giving it a go this July? It looks like they aren’t doing cabins anymore, which is too bad.

Reactions: Animad345

SomethingUnique

Registered
Reaction score
Do you know what your project will be? I have a rough idea and a place holder/working title but I’m still outlining.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to write a Middle Grade fantasy. Trying might be the key word. I've never attempted a full-on fantasy before and it feels a bit overwhelming. I'm also still planning. I have a rough outline that I've realized needs some drastic changes, but I'm working on character sketches right now.

What are you planning to work on?

SomethingUnique

Registered
Reaction score
I have a rough idea for a mystery but I can’t decide whether to write it as a screenplay or a novel.

Reactions: Kewii

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Day one was rough for me. First drafts are always brutal because it's so far off what I want it to look like in my head :D How'd your first day go?

Reactions: SomethingUnique

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the Camp bus! I have set myself the incredibly lofty goal this time around of 10000 words. I'm using a page-a-day prompt notebook, and if I can just complete one of those pages every day, I'll be happy. Basically, I've totally lost any good writing habits lately and am just trying to build them back and gain some momentum. So here we go!

Reactions: SomethingUnique

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the Camp bus! I have set myself the incredibly lofty goal this time around of 10000 words. I'm using a page-a-day prompt notebook, and if I can just complete one of those pages every day, I'll be happy. Basically, I've totally lost any good writing habits lately and am just trying to build them back and gain some momentum. So here we go!
That was me last year when I was trying to rebuild my writing habit after taking a multi-year break. It definitely helped.

I have to say, though, that sometimes I hate the little badges for Nano because I don't think they always encourage those healthy habits and if you try to get them all, I think it can lead to burnout. And I know I can just not try to get the badges, but I've always been competitive :D

SomethingUnique

Registered
Reaction score
Terrible. Constant interruptions resulted in only a little over 100 words. I’m hoping to catch up today but weekends tend to be worse, time management-wise.

Last edited:

Nikki1809

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying it out. I tried last summer and gave up because I made the story too complicated. As a student July is MUCH more convenient than November, which is generally nearing the end of the semester when everything is crazy busy. I probably won't ever even try and do November until I'm out of school.

I do have to work some on my thesis this month though, so idk how much I'll get done here either.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?

I successfully met my goal today--which could set me up for a proper 50,000 word camp--but I'm unsure if I want to go for it because of Eid and stuff :)

Featured Book