Call for E-Novella Submissions: 35% Royalties (net receipts)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

JudithGraves

YA Fiction to DIE for...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.judithgraves.com
I'm passing along the official announcement of my new position with Leap Books:
__

Leap Books is pleased to announce the newest addition to our editorial staff. We'd like to welcome Judith Graves as Acquisitions Editor for SHINE, our e-novella line. Judith will be accepting both agented and unagented submissions at: [email protected].

The nitty-gritty details:

- SHINE word counts: 15-20k
- We’re looking for solid storytelling with romantic elements, engaging voices, and characters that LEAP from the page
- All genres will be considered, but preference for: contemporary, thriller, paranormal, and mystery

Why an enovella with Leap Books SHINE?

- Introduce readers to your young adult fiction brand / style / tone / voice / worlds by giving them a short, fun, affordable read. Snag their interest in your other projects by offering a tale sure to SHINE
- If you want to step into the ebook arena, but have been hesitant to offer a full-length novel, here's your chance to test this market
- Each book will be professionally edited and have an eye-catching cover
- At a small press, you’ll have more one-on-one contact with our editors and other authors
- Each title will be launched with a 9-week (3 stops per week) blog tour facilitated by a successful blog-tour organizer
- SHINE titles may be compiled into anthologies to be sold in both print and ebook formats
__

Announcement link: http://leapbks.blogspot.ca/2014/05/exciting-announcement-from-leap-books.html

SHINE website (a WIP): http://leapbksshine.net/

I look forward to reading your work,

Judith

JudithGraves

YA Fiction to DIE for...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.judithgraves.com
Thanks for the question. SHINE respects diversity. If the writing, plot, characters, and overall entertainment value are there - we'll be interested.

Best,
Judith

Last edited:

Brishen

It was meee! I was the turkey!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Judith! This is really exciting. For unagented authors, how would you prefer submissions be framed? Query first? A sample attached?

Featured Book