Braggage III

DetectiveFork

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on KZine! I received a personal, honest (and somewhat scathing) rejection on a story from the editor once, which was actually a breath of fresh air and appreciated. lol Glad you could crack that market!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Congrats on KZine! I received a personal, honest (and somewhat scathing) rejection on a story from the editor once, which was actually a breath of fresh air and appreciated. lol Glad you could crack that market!

Thanks, DF. I got a (let's call it brutal) personal rejection from this editor on an earlier submission. (To be fair, he made clear it was purely subjective.) But my acceptance also included a personal note, this time with glowing compliments about the new story and why it was accepted. So, like you, I appreciate his approach -- he calls it like he sees it, whether bad news or good.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
My flash piece 'Half Price Souls' came out at recompose! It's the last story in their free to read online section too :) (link is direct to story).

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
So it's been a long while (over a year!), but as this concerns a story I workshopped at Dysprosium with some members here:

My short story, "The Warm & the Wet" has been accepted by Pantheon Magazine for their upcoming Janus issue!

It's my first ever sale, so doubly excited about it!

Last edited:

Cmalone

Registered
Reaction score
My flash piece 'Half Price Souls' came out at recompose! It's the last story in their free to read online section too :) (link is direct to story).

I really enjoyed this story, Tamlyn. :)

So it's been a long while (over a year!), but as this concerns a story I workshopped at Dysprosium with some members here:

My short story, "The Warm & the Wet" has been accepted by Pantheon Magazine for their upcoming Janus issue!

It's my first ever sale, so doubly excited about it!

Congratulations, Sara, that's wonderful!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All (waves sheepishly), Not sure if anyone here remembers me from back in the day (I started the Middling It post; my claim to fame!). I've been focussed on my novel for the last two years so haven't really been writing many short stories. It's been a long time since I last posted here, and will probably be my last post for a while, because something awesome happened with my novel. Dreams can come true, fellow W1,S1ers!

Last edited:

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My private eye mystery “With Cunning Wickedness” by was reprinted with new artwork at Trigger Warning: Short Fiction With Pictures. The story originally appeared in the anthology The Shamus Sampler II.

The story is free to read here.

Also, for those not familiar with this market, Trigger Warning publishes noir, science fiction, fantasy, and horror in the spirit of old pulp digests. 5,000 words max. Each story is accompanied by very cool original illustration. Paying market (was $50 flat, intend to increase to $75). Writers also receive a copy of their story’s illustration. Last I checked submissions were closed, but scheduled to reopen in a few weeks.

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, congrats on the book deal, Deadlight! I do, in fact, remember you, though I'm not sure you'd remember me. That's massive, and I'll be looking out for it on the shelves ;)

And the art for your reprint is gorgeous, Peter!

CharlyT

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charlottehlee.com
It feels like forever since I've gotten an acceptance but I finally got one today! My short 'Stars, Moons, and Gods' was accepted today by the token market Alien Dimensions out of Australia. I got a feeling it would be a good fit when I read what they were looking for, and I guess I was right. :D

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats and thank you CharlyT!

And thank you Sara K. As mentioned, this market provides writers with a copy of the artwork (as well as a cash payment), so I was really happy when I saw what the illustrator created.

Project D – In my BSP frenzy, I neglected to congratulate you! So apologies and CONGRATS! And I definitely remember you from back in the day. (As I recall, we even shared an anthology TOC once!) Happy to hear all's going well for you.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, awesome news, deadlight! I think that gets you the Giant Banana of Awesomeness!
banana-giant-colorchange.gif

Also go you CharlyT and anyone else I missed! One of those colors is FOR YOU!

CharlyT

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charlottehlee.com
Another acceptance! This one is from Metaphorosis for a piece that I thought was going to be a tough sell anywhere because it's a light, optimistic, genre-blend piece.

It's my first semi-pro sale. :D

It's kinda weird that all my acceptances seem to come in threes (I forgot to post about another acceptance to a non-paying market a couple of weeks ago). Does that happen to anyone else?

At any rate, I'm now down to 8 pieces being out on sub so it's time to take a break from novel work and do up some more shorts. It's a problem I'm happy to have!

JoeBrat

JoeBrat
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats CharleyT, :partyguy:I can't wait till I have a published piece.
Paid or not it would be, I'd be happy.