Status
Not open for further replies.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
The Borders in South Portland, Maine, gave me the royal runaround and a form to fill out. I'm going back in a couple days to see if I can track down a contact that a friend of mine has there, who he says may be more helpful.

Cabin Books, an independent in Windham, Maine, is ordering 6 copies. To start. :)

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have contacted two bookstores today with information. I let each manager read one story from the anthology,(yes I received my copy).
They want to order, but, want to know how to order and receive the store discount. I told them I didn't know, but would find out. HELP!

Ken

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ken, if they order direct from Lulu and want the resale discount, they need to do up a purchase order and fax it. Here's the info from their website:

Can I place a purchase order?
Lulu accepts purchase orders by reputable book stores and other corporate entities as approved on a case by case basis.

All purchase orders must include
  • Purchase order (PO) number
  • Complete bill-to and ship-to addresses with phone and fax numbers
  • Federal EIN
  • Complete description of the item(s) being ordered
Purchase orders can be faxed to 919-459-5867, Attn: Accounting. Our terms are generally Due Upon Receipt, but Lulu reserves the right to require pre-payment and will contact you should your purchase order be declined.

link to this info is: http://www.lulu.com/help/node/view/15#po

Ken, when is the book signing/news conference?

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ken Schneider said:
I have contacted two bookstores today with information. I let each manager read one story from the anthology,(yes I received my copy).
They want to order, but, want to know how to order and receive the store discount. I told them I didn't know, but would find out. HELP!

Ken
Or tell them they can order it from INGRAM. They will pay a wholesale price.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but how do we know if it has been entered in Ingrams data base yet?

Have I missed something?

Thanks, Ken

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have I missed something?
Yup. *gentle nudge* SoS is in the INGRAM database, as of last week, I can't remember what day exactly Jenna made the announcement. You can even find SoS on Barnes & Noble dot com now, according to one of our observant members.

We still have to get the bibliographic info entered properly so that it will show up when searching Jenna's name, etc., but with the book title and ISBN, any store that can order from INGRAM can now bring it in.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
icon11.gif
K. The store will be ordering five copies tomorrow for a start.

I have my posters,(20) and bookmarks,(200) so I'll leave a poster and a few bookmarks at the store tomorrow for a booster.

Ken

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's cool Charlie! Oh, I hope my bookstores reply. I've sent a second email to the manager of Chapters/Coles and an email to J. Cammy (events manager for Chapters/Indigo). Man, I'm trying my best here - I hope someone bites soon!

Deb
smile.gif

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Received an email from my local bookstore guy at The Banff Book & Art Den. Seems he ordered copies of SoS and just neglected to tell me, lol! I'm so happy he's gonna stock the book, plus he's willing to put up a poster and hand out bookmarks as well. What a pal.

Thanks Neil!

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
I haven't been having a huge amount of luck with most of the stores I've contacted; except for Borders, they've said they'll order but I haven't heard back from any of them. However, Cabin Books, which I mentioned a few posts ago, followed through: they ordered 8 copies, four of which will be sold in the store and four in the cafe that's owned by the same person! Not a huge number, and I'm planning on hitting a few more stores this coming week, but it's something.

Shwebb

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went to my local pharmacy, and not only did they stock the books, they printed out a poster and wrote on it, "100% of proceeds to charity! Local Author!"

I have a few friends who are going to go in and get a few from them, just to support the pharmacy. (I think the pharmacy also ordered them at full price, so even they aren't making a profit on it.)

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OneTeamOneDream said:
Every bookstore I go to still can not find it in Ingrams database......weird. And I'm watching them try, it comes up empty.

SOS is in the to be updated file at Ingrams. This file can be seen by bookstores.

My bookstores can view it in this file.

They only update once a month. SOS should so up on the regul;ar list Dec. 1

AmyDoodle

I'm a Bajaffe!
Registered
Reaction score
2nd star to the right and 10 miles west of Sugar T
Website
www.mindovermullis.blogspot.com
I've got an author appearance tomorrow at Pic-A-Book, a local bookstore that's been around since Eve made apple pie. I'll have to share a two hour slot with a couple of other local authors, but I'll get to do a presentation and give out bookmarks and such. Anything new I should know?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anything new I should know?
Nothing specific right now, Amy. Just that the book is available everywhere now, and that we're very pleased with the way it's being received around the world.

Oh, I went through and read all the bio's because I was curious to see where we all were from. I didn't tally numbers, but it looks like we have contributors from:

USA
Canada
United Kingdom
Germany
Greece
South Africa
Australia

Quite the group, eh? Mentioning this might help show folks what a fabulous international coming-together this project is.

Good luck with your appearance!

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Ken Schneider said:
SOS is in the to be updated file at Ingrams. This file can be seen by bookstores.

My bookstores can view it in this file.

They only update once a month. SOS should so up on the regul;ar list Dec. 1

I'll have them check again tomorrow, but as of today, they still can not pull it from Ingram's database.

Shwebb

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Strange, Chris, because you can find it on Waldenbooks.com and my local Waldenbooks was able to find it on their system.

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Shwebb said:
Strange, Chris, because you can find it on Waldenbooks.com and my local Waldenbooks was able to find it on their system.

Dec 3rd, they still can't find it in their system. I had them call the number you gave me, and even with another store helping them, they still couldn't do it. I think unfortunately, I'm just going to have to move on.

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
My small town bookstore "McDonald's Bookstore" bought two copies and one of our libraries bought a copy!

The sales were a result of a pitch I put together with poster etc. I got here on the forum. I am so proud!
The library wants a reading this summer. Yay!
Now to go after the other library...

Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.