BookSirens - Has anyone used this review site?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
I came across this place the other day: BookSirens: https://booksirens.com/ It looks similar to BookSprout as a place to post your ARC for reviews, but unlike BookSprout there is no free option. Their paid option seems pretty reasonable at $10 to list your ARC and an additional $2 for each ARC that is downloaded, and you can set the cap. For example, if you only want to give out 5 ARCs it'd end up being $20. You also have to submit your book's information for approval, you can't just upload anything.

Does anyone have any experience using this site? I tried to search for information on the boards but my searches came up with nothing.

dakota

Walk on the wild side...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epertase.com
I’m currently giving them a try. I’ve been mostly happy so far. $10 to list the book and $2 for each time it’s downloaded by one of their reviewers. I’ve had 11 downloads of my upcoming short story collection in the first 2 weeks with 4 reviews posted on Goodreads so far. It’s had 1100 impressions, 73 clicks and as I said 11 downloads. Not the greatest I guess, but that’s probably something about my presentation more than anything. I am happy to have started getting some prerelease reviews though.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
I decided to give it a try. My book just went up. I like that if you use the link to find your own reviewers they don't charge you. It's only been up two days and so far = nothing. :( But $10 (+$2) seemed reasonable, especially since other similar sites are much more, or subscription based.

Good luck with your book!

doctor cat person

Registered
Reaction score
I had good luck with BookSirens on a recent release. 33 people downloaded the book and I've got 28 reviews. My book is in a niche genre that tends to turn out for anything, though. (Lesbian space opera romance. The gay ladies are desperate for whatever they can find).

I did splurge for the Promote plan where they advertise for me since I'm still building up a readership. I found it was worth it.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
I had good luck with BookSirens on a recent release. 33 people downloaded the book and I've got 28 reviews. My book is in a niche genre that tends to turn out for anything, though. (Lesbian space opera romance. The gay ladies are desperate for whatever they can find).

I did splurge for the Promote plan where they advertise for me since I'm still building up a readership. I found it was worth it.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

So far I like it better than BookSprout, but I only used the free version of BookSprout. With BookSirens I've had about 6 people download and two reviews so far. It's not a lot, but still better than BookSprout. It's been just over a week.

For reference, my book that is listed is new adult sci-fi with romance (m/f).

Reactions: doctor cat person

Featured Book